A vegetarian night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, last night was "vegetarian night" here. I made "Potatoes Italiano Bake" from 365 Ways To Cook Vegetarian. It's an extremely easy dish that can be served as a side dish or main dish, & "waits" well, which makes it perfect for weeknights since my husband has a long & unpredictable commute. It's based on Ore-Ida frozen Potatoes O-Brien, with additions of marinated artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, grated mozzarella. . .

Wrong weekend to count me in for vegetarian/vegan! It's a holiday ... gonna' be bbq briskett, german potato salad (with bacon bits and fat) for Sunday, although I am thinking of a peach "shortcake" or cobbler .... and smoked sausages and 'tater salad for Saturday as I watch UT vs Nebraska in the semi-finals for the college baseball championship.

For the game on Sunday ... a VELVEETA cheese and Rotel tomtoes hot dip with plenty of tortilla chips ....

Last edited:
How about pasta salad with lots of chopped veggies, baked beans without meat or bacon, three bean salad, zucchini frittata, coleslaw, shredded carrot and pineapple salad, roasted veggies, hearty veggie soup, beet salad, fruit salad, and the list goes on. Last night I had homemade broccoli soup and a grilled cheese sandwich (Italian bread, sliced tomatoes, and Fontina cheese).

Good idea. I was going to have an Indian dish (I forget what its called, but it comes pre-packaged from TJ's) with jasmine rice anyways +veggies anyway.

Gazpacho
Green salad with roquefort and walnuts
Mushroom risotto
Fresh fruit salad

If I decide to do a baked version of the risotto (doubtful seeing as it's so hot here), we'll have plums baked in marsala for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom