a wee joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm with you Crewsk..........I'm sure bucky is having a good laugh on us blondes right about now ..........here's to you bucky :p

Yeap.. peat moss is what I got.

Cause if he's 2000 years old, he turned back to dirt.

i am not certain I get it either buck, I know what peat is but it does not make sense. So for all us blonds and half blonds when does informational class start. You need to educate us and explain this little funny you threw at us. Ready Girls???

Parts of Ireland, Scotland, and the steppes of Russia have immense peat bogs. The peat is usually very deep, sometimes several yards thick, before bedrock is encountered.

The peat is harvested in these areas, dried, and burned as fuel. Scotch is traditionally made by malting barley, then smoking it with peat smoke. Many farms are not only heated by peat fires, and the cooking is done over a peat fire. I think there are even a few peat-fired electic plants in parts of Russia.

Many years ago, a mechanized peat harvester uncovered the remains of a man that had been ritually sacrificed several thousand years ago. The peat had perfected preserved the body (except the harvester managed to process half the body).

If I remember right, there have been quite a few thousand-year-old bodies recovered from peat. Nathional Geographic did an article about 20 years ago on Peat.

As some folks in the south say,.. "Trip on That!" (as in Wow!) (I never knew that, about Peat) I Love Our site, Learn, laugh, etc. ! Yay! DC!!! (140.4) more Five Star votes to #6 !!! :) Atomic Jed!

Back
Top Bottom