Adding Peppers to Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChocFingers

Assistant Cook
Hi All!

What's the best way to add peppers to a pizza (an oven bake supermarket bought one?)

Just put them on as is and bake the pizza?

I was thinking of frying them first but tryna be a bit healthier.

Thanks!

If you like peppers , in general, then either option would be fine.
Thickness of the pepper slices will determine the finished texture.

For me personally, I like the fry before option as I prefer the fried pepper taste over the un fried taste.

Normally I fry them up with onions and toss that on and bake ( I love mushrooms too, but that doesn't apply here)

Yeah I put them on without frying. I cut them thinly and diced thinly too. I didn't put enough on though. Could hardly taste them. Partly probably 'cause I overcooked it , it wasn't burnt but browned lol!

I don't know why I cooked it for the maximum time (habit because I usually buy meat pizzas) but this was just cheese and tomato with tomato paste in the crust (stuffed crust.)

Last edited:
Yeah I put them on without frying. I cut them thinly and diced thinly too. I didn't put enough on though. Could hardly taste them. Partly probably 'cause I overcooked it , it wasn't burnt but browned lol!

I don't know why I cooked it for the maximum time (habit because I usually buy meat pizzas) but this was just cheese and tomato with tomato paste in the crust (stuffed crust.)

Guess you'll have to try it again to perfect your pizza pepper needs . Aint nothing wrong with that :LOL:

I can eat pizza every meal for a week.

When I get a frozen pizza to heat up, I personally like it a little undercooked.
Maybe thats why I like preferring my peppers so I can concentrate more on the pizza cooking the way I like ( knowing the peppers already are cooked). Thats just me. Im not a fan of fresh peppers.

Are we talking sweet bell peppers or chili peppers?

When I make pizza or doctor up a frozen pizza I add the thinly sliced fresh vegetables including peppers last so they are fully exposed to the high heat, it allows the moisture to evaporate as the pizza bakes and if I'm lucky develops a little roasted char around the edges of the vegetables

If I don't have fresh peppers I use bottled peppers and drain them on a paper towel prior to putting them on the pizza.

Back
Top Bottom