Advantium Owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just purchased an Advantium 240V over the range oven for remodeling our small winter home in FL. paid 768.00 which seemed a 50% savings, assumed the 240v would be better, but now read (too late:) that the 110v has more features! and I think a larger turntable? or is that just for the wall ovens ie to fit a 9X13 dish.
Also, I remember a number of years ago seeing Advantium cooking instructions on prepackaged frozen foods, but now do not see them?????
Checked Borders and Amazon for Advantium cookbooks, can't find any. Suprising since the oven has been out for 10 years!
FYI, we choose Kenmore Elite Convection wall oven w/ Warming drawer and 30in Kenmore induction Cooktop, as well as the OTR 240v Advantium.
Dan

just purchased an Advantium 240V over the range oven for remodeling our small winter home in FL. paid 768.00 which seemed a 50% savings, assumed the 240v would be better, but now read (too late:) that the 110v has more features! and I think a larger turntable? or is that just for the wall ovens ie to fit a 9X13 dish.
Also, I remember a number of years ago seeing Advantium cooking instructions on prepackaged frozen foods, but now do not see them?????
Checked Borders and Amazon for Advantium cookbooks, can't find any. Suprising since the oven has been out for 10 years!
FYI, we choose Kenmore Elite Convection wall oven w/ Warming drawer and 30in Kenmore induction Cooktop, as well as the OTR 240v Advantium.
Dan

DF:

Just spotted your query regarding the Advantium Oven/s. I've got a 110V that was installed by the builder in our smaller house. We moved from our bigeee house and I decided to make a project of learning to use it. I mentioned in another post somewhere on DC, that I've not been fond of GE products (based on MY experience) but I love this 110.

We live in AZ, and I haven't fired off my gas oven since about the middle of June. Been using it almost exclusively for cooking most things from scratch. I've made almost everything in it except for a beef roast (too much food for DH and me), but meatloaf, chicken, veggies, should I go on? So, gee whiz, I hate to say it, but I love it. When adapting recipes for it, I generalize with regard to the timing and err on the side of NOT cooking for too long at too high a setting. You just check the progress of your cooking and adjust. Only on occasion do I use pre-programmed settings, unless it is my own programming. The unit has been a life saver for me during our unseasonably hot/long summer.

Any Q's? just drop me a note.

Best,

Pennsy:nuke:

P.S. There's also an Advantium website with a good deal of recipes.

Dan

Dan: my 240 holds a 9 x 13 pan.

Need Advantium recipes

I have moved into a home that has a 240 bought in 2006. I just love it. But when it comes to converting a recipe it has been difficult. I want to make beef short ribs. Does anyone have a recipe?

Welcome to DC. I am sure someone will come along with an answer to your problem. This site has a lot of information and is a great deal of fun. Good luck in your quest for info for short ribs. :angel:

I have moved into a home that has a 240 bought in 2006. I just love it. But when it comes to converting a recipe it has been difficult. I want to make beef short ribs. Does anyone have a recipe?

Gee, I must live in a cave. I'd never heard of Advantium appliances. Had to Google to get educated.

I can't offer any advice but here's a link to their support center. If nothing else, you could phone them with your dilemma and see if they can offer any assistance, especially since you "inherited" the appliance from the former owner and are unfamiliar with its functions.

Back
Top Bottom