Aged Scallops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Delving thru the freezer - found Wild Atlantic Canada Sea Scallops from off the shores of Nova Scotia sized 20/40. But oops, the date was for Jan. 2018. It even made the move to my new residence, lost in the freezer. Decided to find out if they were edible or was I out a few bucks.

The second I cut open the bag the sweet smell made me weak in the knees. I still wasn't sure on the taste even though there was no freezer burn. Kept out only 8, packaged the rest up and back to the fridge right away.

Dried them well, seared them in lots of butter - and they were absolutely incredible.

Now I have to plan for the rest of them - as it is just me, guessing there is at least 3 more meals there. Pasta will be one of them, and another is a gorgous/delish dish with sweet potato, any suggestions for the rest?

The best way I have ever had scallops was at Casa Grecque. They wrap them in bacon and grill them. Soooo good.

I'd love to have them wrapped in bacon. One of the best! Unfortunately, thought I had mentioned, their size does not make them good candidates for grilling. These are 16/20's, only 10's or U are good for bacon wrapped.

But maybe, taxy, good idea! I'll do some bacon separately and then throw in the petoncles just towards the end. Yummmm..

We used to have scallops on a regular basis but then the prices skyrocketed and they don't show up on our table as often.

Andy, I don't know if you ever shop at Price Chopper, but they have frozen scallops on sale often. I buy the 20-30 size when they are $11.99. Sometimes they even have them for $10.99.
I'd love to have them wrapped in bacon. One of the best! Unfortunately, thought I had mentioned, their size does not make them good candidates for grilling...I'll do some bacon separately and then throw in the petoncles just towards the end. Yummmm..
Scallops are very tasty when fried in bacon drippings! Then again, most anything would be good in bacon drippings...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom