Alberto almost a hurricane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Unexpectedly, it has strengthened up to 70 mph. Heading toward the gulf
coast of Fla, and is expected to move up to the SC coast by Wed. :eek:
I know we have several Fla members of the board here. Maybe it gets to
Cat 1 strength, maybe not. Batten down the hatches.

Les was telling me about that this morning on the phone. They were talking about how the weather might be where they are working this week. I think he said the name of the town is Conroy? They were a bit concerned if it picks up strength before it hits South Carolina.

Conway? That's basically west Myrtle Beach. No biggie...it'll break up as it crosses Fla, and if it hits here, it'll just be a rain event.

Captain Morgan said:
50 percent? That's for auto mechanics. Weather guys get paid big bucks to be right about 20 percent of the time.
Ain't that the truth!! #-o

After the beating you guy's took last year, I hope it won't be a repeat this year. [-o<
I have bud's that have worked in New Orleans, they say it's still a war zone :eek:

So far just a lil rain here. It looks like it is going through North Florida from here then up the seaboard. We did need the rain here sooooo it is not a terrible thing. The season is still young. 8-[

Green Hornet said:
So far just a lil rain here. It looks like it is going through North Florida from here then up the seaboard. We did need the rain here sooooo it is not a terrible thing. The season is still young. 8-[
Good luck to all of you down that way [-o<

I loved my 20 years in Orlando but MAN, am I glad we got out of there when we did. We went through several TS's and a couple minimal hurricanes during my stay but I was always worried about the big one(s). :eek: Remember Floyd?? That's the one that kicked me in the ass to get the hell out! Y'all take care down there!!

Yep, you're right Cappy. They're in Conway. He called me about 8:45 last night on the cell and the reception was horrible. He said it was pouring rain and windy so we only talked a couple of minutes and he'll be calling me sometime today.

We are just getting the rain from Alberto now. Put the NIX on me working on the shed today. Oh well, we need the rain.

Glad you guy's are okay.........The Weather Channel says it's just the start of it all, but they love death& destruction don't they, it makes for good watchin' :)

Finney said:
Puff said:
Glad you guy's are okay.........The Weather Channel says it's just the start of it all, but they love death& destruction don't they, it makes for good watchin' :)
Puffy, the experts say it is going to be a fun one again this year.
Godd luck [-o<

Puff said:
Finney said:
Puff said:
Puffy, the experts say it is going to be a fun one again this year.
Godd luck [-o<
#-o

Back
Top Bottom