Alfredo.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I understand the original alfredo is made with just cream, butter and cheese. However those 3 together has a flavor akin to wallpaper paste. I do modify it to suit my tastes.

!/2 pint heavy cream
1 stick butter
1/3 tsp EACH onion powder, garlic powder.
S+P to taste.
1/4-1/3 c. parmesan cheese

Melt butter and cream in saucepan, blend with whisk, add in powders and S+P, reduce to desired consistancy, remove from heat, add cheese, whisk to blend.

You can do "add ins"
Shrimp

Sauted mushrooms, cubed chicken {cooked} and procuttio YUMMY!

Alfredo Sauce:

Try this , it's from FN Tyler Florence . The Reaper ! Alfredo Sauce:
1 pint heavy cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Freshly cracked black pepper
Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish

To prepare alfredo sauce: Heat heavy cream over low-medium heat in a deep saute pan. Add butter and whisk gently to melt. Sprinkle in cheese and stir to incorporate. Season with freshly cracked black pepper. In a large stockpot, cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Quickly drain the pasta and add it to the saute pan, gently toss the noodles to coat in the alfredo. Transfer pasta to a warm serving bowl. Top with more grated cheese and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.

I work just 200 mt from alfredo's restaurant, so today at 3pm i took this pitcure:

alfredo.jpg

the original Alfredo sauce is just butter and parmigiano. We call it fettuccine al triplo burro (triple butter fettuccine) because they pour butter, mix well, pour butter another time and mix well, then again and mix the pasta in front of you (with gold cutlery -if you are famous eheheh).
Here and here for more details.

Back
Top Bottom