Ameriware professional non-stick cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peat moss

Assistant Cook
About 2 years ago I was looking to purchase a new set of pots and pans. I finally settled on stainless cookware but I do have issues with them. For one thing they do stain and you have to buy a special cleaner for them, plus they are prone to food sticking to them. I tried different types of non-stick pots and pans, and a lot of the materials end up peeling and in my stomach, which is non-stick now, (just kidding but it had to have gone somewhere). On my way to now pay for this shiny new cookware, I came upon a man doing a demo on the above cookware. I started talking to him about the cookware being demo-ed. I do have ceramic fry pans and like them very much. They are however kinda pricey. The thing that peaked my interest was the non-stick surface, being composed of ceramic and titanium. The pots and pans do all the things the manufacturer claims. A fine Made in America product and I'm fromCanada eh! The one concern I had about toxins being released into the food when cooking with non-stick was answered. The process and products used in the manufacturing do not release any type of vapour or chemicals. If anyone has any other info on this cookware feel to respond. I decided to purchase a set on faith and trust and have not been disappointed one little bit. They clean very easily but stay away from harsh scouring pads and cleaners. They are not needed, just a damp terry cloth. I am not a representative or salesman for this product, just a happy cook.:chef:

Stainless steel requires very little special care. Barkeepers Friend is all you need if it discolors.

And it isn't prone to sticking if your technique is good. Plus, fond is flavor.

Personally I think "professional non stick cookware" is pretty much an oxymoron since most professionals don't use it.

I've got a small egg skillet and a nonstick griddle. I like them both but much prefer stainless or cast iron.

Stainless steel requires very little special care. Barkeepers Friend is all you need if it discolors.

And it isn't prone to sticking if your technique is good. Plus, fond is flavor.

Personally I think "professional non stick cookware" is pretty much an oxymoron since most professionals don't use it.

I've got a small egg skillet and a nonstick griddle. I like them both but much prefer stainless or cast iron.

Jennyema,
I have not been in any commercial kitchens to see if they use non-stick cookware. However the manufacturer only makes cookware and utensils for the commercial food industry. I am by no means a professional chef but having lived more than six decades and tried many types of pots and pans, including the ones you mentioned I am very content with my new cookware. I once put my frying pan on the burner to preheat it and then dozed off for a half hour. I put my steak in the pan with no oil and it never stuck anywhere. Try doing that with stainless steel and cast iron pans. No oxymoron here, jenny:flowers:

Last edited:
Well seasoned cast iron is about as non-stick as you can get.

I don't have a problem with sticking with stainless either.

Actually if you had preheated a stainless pan like that it would have been fine as well, maybe a little discolored (15 seconds with barkeeper's friend would take care of that though).

I too have a couple non-stick pans, but I use the uncoated most of the time. I was tired of disposable cookware. I don't believe that there is a coated nonstick pan that will stand the test of time, even high end pans get beat up gouged and peel eventually.

Most of the time all I do is wash my stainless in the dishwasher or sink, no special cleaner needed unless I use barkeeper's friend to take care of discoloration, which seems to be rare.

Glad you like your pots and pans!

>>The one concern I had about toxins being released into the food when cooking with non-stick was answered. The process and products used in the manufacturing do not release any type of vapour or chemicals.

uhmm, according to a number of sources, the Ameriware "non-stick" is PTFE - aka Teflon - Teflon is a trade name - so the "it doesn't contain any Teflon" is true, it's a generic equivalent of the same chemical compound.

My Mom had a Faberware stainless steel set of cookware. When something got burned on it was terrible to clean, sometimes taking several days of soaking, using dryer sheets and just plain scrubbing. :mad:

I now own a $50 set of teflon.:LOL:

My Mom had a Faberware stainless steel set of cookware. When something got burned on it was terrible to clean, sometimes taking several days of soaking, using dryer sheets and just plain scrubbing. :mad:

I now own a $50 set of teflon.:LOL:

My mom had a set of Revere that was the same way. Not sure why today's stuff is better. Maybe because it is 18/10 stainless and the old stuff wasn't?

I have one for my wife to use when she cooks.. I use the stainless at all times. I feel like nonstick is just a pain to use because I can't use my beloved metal tongs on it ;)

If you buy quality non-stick and care for it properly, it will last a long time. I have a set of heavy weight aluminum nonstick which I bought 9 years ago and every piece is still in perfect condition. A couple of the pieces get used almost daily. They never see metal utensils and they never see the dishwasher. These pans were sold under the tag of EmerilWare, but what they now sell under that name is nothing at all like what I have. I don't know who made these and put the Emeril name on them, but I wish I did, because I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom