An oldie but goodie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Well LuLu was hauled off today, so I decided to break out the old faithful WSM. Well it was full of water and cheese leftover from "WolfeStock" from last November. So I dumped and scrapped most of the gunk out and then loaded it up with Kingsford and a bunch of mequite chunks just to get a long burn through the night to get the yucks out. Well I did the usual and lit 10 coals and put them in the middle of the ring, within 45 minutes the temp was up to 200, I made my adjustment and she's holding steady at 250. I did have a small spike due to the wind a little bit ago, but it's back down now. I love my WSM and really miss cooking on it. I'm gonna throw something on it tomorrow once it's all cleaned up!

Ya know when I read the title to this thread, I thought you were talking about Jim Morgan!
1.gif

Nick Prochilo said:
Ya know when I read the title to this thread, I thought you were talking about Jim Morgan!
1.gif

That's funny, I was thinking about ... (insert favorite old forum member here).

LOL That works on so many levels ! It's GOLD ! <kidding Nick>

Woke up this morning temps were down, stirred the coals they back to 250*. There's no meat on the cooker and I'm still having fun with my WSM. Think I'll order another one today to give me more space till I decide on a new pit.

Why not take some of your Cash-o-lah and order a Performer and another WSM...that way you can take your time deciding on what pit to get next! :!: :( :D

Greg Rempe said:
Why not take some of your Cash-o-lah and order a Performer and another WSM...that way you can take your time deciding on what pit to get next! :!: :( :D

Rempe you must be reading my mind. That's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":1uugxklo]Why not take some of your Cash-o-lah and order a Performer and another WSM...that way you can take your time deciding on what pit to get next! :!: :( :D

Rempe you must be reading my mind. That's exactly what I'm gonna do.[/quote:1uugxklo]

Man that money is burning a hole in that boys pocket!

Actually Larry, if you recall, the guy who SOTB last fall had 2 WSM's.
Get another bullet and you have yourself a championship bbq rig!

Finney said:
Captain Morgan said:

Then you just have to get Championship BBQ to come out of it. :!:

Well then, just put Championship in before you start!

Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":1yictncg]Actually Larry, if you recall, the guy who SOTB last fall had 2 WSM's.

Then you just have to get Championship BBQ to come out of it. :!:

Well then, just put Championship in before you start![/quote:1yictncg]

It sounds so simple when you say it like that.
"Championship in, equals Championship out". =D> =D> =D>

I'm finally running out of charcoal but the WSM is still at 200*. That's about 16hrs on a little over 3/4 of a load of Kingsford and Mesquite. Now I'm ready to throw some meat on!

Captain Morgan said:

Oinktoberfest two years ago...Id say 50 percent of the "pros" had between 2 to 4 WSM's on their site...

Back
Top Bottom