An Unusual Blueberry Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Pictures of an ugly, but verry tasty blueberry pie. I had to use flour, instead of tapioca flour as the thickening agent. Couldn't find a pie pan in son's house, and so used a ceramic casserole dish. No pastry cutter could be found. Cutting in the lard until Ihad pea gravel was a rel chore. But this pie tastes great. I had to apply egg wash with the end of a rolled sheet of paer towel. I wanted pie, no matter that I didn't have all the baking tools from my own kitchen:ohmy:. You do what you have to do. i'm calling this - Chief's Ugly, but Tasty Blueberry Pie.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Pictures;

Attachments

• 2021 Pea Gvavel2.jpg
    2021 Pea Gvavel2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 2021 blueberry filling.jpg
    2021 blueberry filling.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 69
  • 2021 ugly lattice.jpg
    2021 ugly lattice.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 2021 ugly_tsty blueberryPie.jpg
    2021 ugly_tsty blueberryPie.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 2021 ugly_tasty blueberr2.jpg
    2021 ugly_tasty blueberr2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 62
That looks delicious and who says a pie has to be baked in a round pie pan anyway! I love a pie (cobbler made with pie crust) baked in an iron skillet, but then I`m a country boy, so... Chief, have you ever tried rhubarb combination with the blueberries? Unlike strawberry-rhubarb, it doesn`t really make an entirely different taste, but it makes the flavor of those blueberries really pop!

Thanks everyone. Blueberry/rhubarb, sounds like something I'm going to have to try. I think that fillig would also be grea as acroisant filling.

Quick question, Chief.

Inquiring minds want to know:

How do you cut slices of pie out of an oblong dish??

To serve, cut into squares and use a small spatula, or large spoon. Strat removing from the sides, taking care fo get the bottom crust.

Thanks everyone. Blueberry/rhubarb, sounds like something I'm going to have to try. I think that fillig would also be grea as acroisant filling.

That pie looks so good! It looks better than the traditional pie shape. I love the crust.

I love the idea of blueberry/ rhubarb! I am not much of a baker, but that might make me give it a try. Please let us know if if make the blueberry/ rhubarb combo!

Back
Top Bottom