Another Hi from sunny ol'England.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpjeffery

Assistant Cook
I'm 47 (where does the time go?) and I started cooking a few months after I started living with my then-girlfriend-now-wife (that's NOT a reflection on her cooking, by the way!), which would be 1991/92.

I make the best roast potatoes in the world. Although sometimes I get my timing wrong and overcook them so I don't ALWAYS make the best roast potatoes in the world...but even my ruined ones are still better than my Mum's.

:chef:

Jeff

By the way, my Mum's cooking is generally very good indeed, just not her roast potatoes. In fact I grew up thinking I didn't like roast potatoes, until I tried some proper roast potatoes (can't remember where) and discovered why roast potatoes are so good and rightly popular.

I'm 47 (where does the time go?) and I started cooking a few months after I started living with my then-girlfriend-now-wife (that's NOT a reflection on her cooking, by the way!), which would be 1991/92.

I make the best roast potatoes in the world. Although sometimes I get my timing wrong and overcook them so I don't ALWAYS make the best roast potatoes in the world...but even my ruined ones are still better than my Mum's.
:chef:
Jeff

Well welcome to DC. You picked a very important day to join us. 12/12/12. Sounds like Mum is still cooking in the manner the world used to think of food from England.

We have several members from the UK. Jump in any time, and ask any question that you may have. Someone will have the answer. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom