Answer a question with a question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know its kinda Hard to suprise yourself with a trick question, You always see it coming ! :ohmy: Boy this guys elevator doesn't even have a top floor to reach ! Should we keep Him ? What do you guys think ?:wacko:

Maidrite said:
You know its kinda Hard to suprise yourself with a trick question, You always see it coming ! :ohmy: Boy this guys elevator doesn't even have a top floor to reach ! Should we keep Him ? What do you guys think ?:wacko:
Did you know it is also hard to tickle yourself? :LOL:

:) Barbara

James have you become Chris Farley now???
(your new avatar... I can't see very well but that's what it looks like...)

Back some time ago in the 80's a woman named Carole Jackson wrote a book that said that each woman (person) was better suited to certain colours of clothing, make-up, accesories, etc based on her/his skintones, eye colour and hair colour. Depending on your colouring you were more suited to a particular chunck of colours (of clothing) which the author broke down in to the 4 seasons. So a person was either a spring, summer, fall or winter.

Winter colours were quite strong often like black, fushia and royal blue, where as fall (I think they called it autumn) clothing colours were sort of earth tones and greens/golds. Other books by the same author and other people followed, at some point the origional author sort of said that a person could wear colours from more than one "season" so you could be a spring-summer or a spring-fall. It was fun at the time, and the way that your season was determined was to have someone "drape" you in the colour swatches that the book provided you with (or you may have been able to send away somewhere for actual fabric swatches) and see which season's colours complimented your skin tones, hair, etc best. This was sometimes done at parties, and by actual Colour me beautiful consultants. Whatever season you were determined to be was supposed to be the colours of clothing, etc that you wore to make you look your "best". I do think that these books actually helped a lot of people, especially women to better understand how to dress and how to make the colour palette work for them.

I've no doubt that there is some truth to this. Certain colours really make me look washed-out like fushia, many purples, yellow (but not gold) and sometimes even white. I "draped" myself (that sounds so wrong), and was somewhere between a fall and a spring. Lol, in the years since I've often seen copies of these books in second hand shops and at garage sales, as well as virtually every library. If you get the chance it's a fun book to read, if only for a flash back to the days of power suits and big hair.

0523210B.jpg

Has anyone else ever had their "Colour me beautiful" season determined?

did you know i had my tones analyzed and i'm a cool-toned winter? didi you know it was done by a pro, though, and not by someone reading out of that book?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom