Anthony Bourdain Tonight Mon. 9/14/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
Anthony Bourdain's new "No Reservations" episode tonight (10 p.m. EST) is in "Sardinia", but with a twist. He'll be visiting his "in-laws", thus his wife will be in this episode with him.

Although he's made a few rare references to her & his daughter in previous episodes, this will be the first time she's been in an episode with him. Should be fun/interesting for us Bourdain fans. :)

It was "okay". Frankly though, I found myself wishing he'd visited Sardinia alone; think it would have been a much better & more interesting episode, although I can understand the draw The Travel Channel figured re: adding his wife (since she's originally from Sardinia) & child.

For some vague reason I can't quite pinpoint, I found his wife annoying on camera, although their little girl is adorable. I was surprised that she was so blonde, when both mom & dad have black hair, but a geneticist I ain't, so who knows? Also found it odd that throughout the whole episode, mom is never seen even touching the kid - she's with daddy the entire time.

Regardless, I felt I sort of came away from it not knowing really a whole lot about Sardinia - unlike other episodes that always make me feel I want to visit the place. But since Travel Channel will - as always - start repeating this season's episodes ad infinitum in the near future, I'll have to watch it again & see if I come away with the same feelings.

could be a tow-head... I was born with jet black hair and by the time I was two, it was white-blonde.

...although I can understand the draw The Travel Channel figured re: adding his wife (since she's originally from Sardinia) & child....

No, she's NOT from Sardinia! She's from Northern Italy! Her FATHER is from Sardinia! These people were HIS family. And it said so during this show.

Okay, okay - settle down, it's only a show! Geesh. Sorry I didn't catch that point - didn't realize there was going to be a test. Regardless of who came from where, I still didn't care much for this particular episode. I'm entitled to that opinion.

I just saw it tonight (obviously a month-old rerun) and thought it was more of a showplace for what I think is his second family than anything else. It was OK, but not one of his best.

Oh, was just talking to my husband and he noted one real perculiarity: He claims that it was the only show he saw of Bourdain's without much of the language being bleeped. Guess wife and child influenced that!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom