Any foodies in Chicago want to go tasting next weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Home chef

Senior Cook
Although I live within a stone's throw of Chicago, we rarely go downtown after work. We have 2 kids and the budget is pretty tight. Well, wifey has been having a rough couple of weeks what with work and being married to me and all that bad stuff LOL. Anyway, I decided tog et us a room for the weekend at the Palmer House on 5-1 and 5-2. We're going to go to the Webber Grill for dinner Friday night with some friends but I was thinking of taking my own cullinary tour of the Loop / Near North areas on Saturday during the day. Nothing special. Just walk and eat. I'd REALLY like to get to Hot Dougs for a dog & soda but I don't think we'll make t that far north.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in joining us let me know. We always love sharing food & stories and meeting new people.

I went to Hot Doug's last summer - be prepared to wait about an hour for a dog. My husband (former Chicago resident) said they were OK but not good enough to wait an hour for. My favorite placed to get a dog is Weiner & Still Champ in Evanston.

There is a foodie walking tour in Chicago that I did two years ago that is great. See this link for info:
Chicago Food Tours - Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours | Guided Chicago Tours, What To Do in Chicago Illinois IL

If I were to be in Chicago next weekend, I would hit up Giordano's, Ann Sathers, Goose Island, Weiner & Still Champ, I could go on and on.
Enjoy yourself!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom