Any new cookbooks for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got Killer Chili, which has a recipe from a restaurant in the town of one of our DC members!

I also got an appetizer recipe book with some pretty good ideas in it! A friend got The Beach House Cookbook and I'm on a mission to get it! I'm looking at a picture of it on Amazon right now. Awesome recipes!!!

Better Homes and Gardens Celebrating the Promise and BEST OF THE BEST FROM NEW ENGLAND!

Didn't get anything for Christmas. I bought myself 2 cookbooks today at Border's store, Indoor Grilling and One-Dish Bible, both on sale.

Culinary Artistry and The Flavor Bible. I'm ready to branch out and create my own recipes. These will help me with flavor pairings.

I got two: The Joy of Cooking and How to Cook Everything.

I can't say enough how much I love How to Cook Everything. I can't imagine life with out it, and I haven't even had it for a month!

I didn't get any for Christmas, but bought a couple at Borders a few days later for myself. :chef:

I picked up two... "Olives and Oranges: Recipes and Flavor Secrets from Italy, Spain, Cyprus and Beyond," (Jenkins and Fox, 2008) and also "Arabesque: A Taste of Morocco, Turkey, & Lebanon." (Roden, 2005)

Ever since receiving a tagine last winter, I've been excited about some of the recipes that I've cooked in it, and wanted to continue my cooking along these lines.

I got "CakeLove" by Warren Brown, "Cupcake Heaven", and "The Top Chef Cookbook" for Christmas and got some money and a book store gift card so I got "Totally Vegetarian", "The Modern Baker", "Blissful Brownies" and "Small Bites Big Nights" by Govind Armstrong.

In other words I hit the cookbook jackpot!

I got a pressure cooker for Christmas along with four cookbooks.... Pressure Cookers for Dummies, Miss Vickie's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes, and Pressure Perfect by Lorna Sass, and the Cook's Country America's Best Lost Recipes.

I got The Best Slow and Easy Recipes by Cook's Illustrated. I'd checked it out from the library and tried a few of the recipes and they were very good.

I got "CakeLove" by Warren Brown, "Cupcake Heaven", and "The Top Chef Cookbook" for Christmas and got some money and a book store gift card so I got "Totally Vegetarian", "The Modern Baker", "Blissful Brownies" and "Small Bites Big Nights" by Govind Armstrong.

In other words I hit the cookbook jackpot!

I purchased CakeLove, too. I'm anxious to see how the addition of potato starch will affect my pound cakes. I have eaten cakes from his bakery. He makes a yellow cake with buttercream and strawberries, and another with lemon curd that are both wonderful!! I want to get the little brioche pans to make his "Crunchy Feet".

Back
Top Bottom