Anyone cooking? 5/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
It's been pretty hot here, yesterday it got to 97, so being the same is predicted for today, we are having:
Large loaf of hollowed out french bread (round) that is filled with several different types of Italian meats, proscuitto,mortadella, copa, then provolone. I shredded some lettuce and then tossed it with evoo and vinegar, diced some roma tomatoes, sliced red onion,put in some sliced pepperoncini,avocado, wrapped the thing in plastic wrap and foil and put two bricks on it. we will also have a shrimp salad and some grilled asparagus,ice tea with mango, DH likes diet coke or 7up, and will eat outside once the sun sets..
Now, what are you planning????

kadesma:LOL:

I am experiementing with wraps cooked off in my vintage sandwich maker/waffle iron. Will probably repeat last nights success. 8 inch whole wheat tortilla, smear on some sour cream, a bit of swiss cheese, a few spinach leaves, topped off with sauteed onions, asparagus and cooked pork. The pork was what I refroze after cooking a large loin roast last month. I am using bits and pieces of the pork for dinner this week, mostly wraps so far.
It is cold here, started a fire today, should have had one yesterday but didn't.

Oh, and Ijust pulled a chocolate pudding cake out of the oven, didn't I need to start the oven for a bit of heat in the kitchen??

I need some ideas

I'm thawing some chicken breasts and plan to bake them in foil in the oven with some julienned baby carrots.

What else could I do to this dish in the way of seasoning/spices? I've got a lemon I could slice up to put in the packets but am feeling uninspired.

mudbug said:
I'm thawing some chicken breasts and plan to bake them in foil in the oven with some julienned baby carrots.

What else could I do to this dish in the way of seasoning/spices? I've got a lemon I could slice up to put in the packets but am feeling uninspired.
How about coating with Dijon and some butter mixed together, if you like it or a plain grainy mustard with butter, then roll in finely chopped nuts of some sort, put in a skillet to brown then transfer to a greased baking dish and bake til almost done, then top with a mix of mustard, butter and some cream sprinkle with whole nuts and serve? A quick on we like is to cut chicken into pieces, brown, pour off oil add, stock,OJ,chopped tomato ginger and when done top with chopped cilantro and serve over rice.

kadesma:)

boy, that sounds tasty, kadesma - trying to stay away from the rice and potatoes for awhile here, though. I like the butter/mustard coating idea!

I'm flying to Cali for some stuffed bread!! You never cease to amaze me how you make somthing so simple, seem like a gourmet meal:-p

I'm making spaghetti and garlic bread.

Last edited:
texasgirl said:
I'm flying to Cali for some stuffed bread!! You never cease to amaze me how you make somthing so simple, seem like a gourmet meal:-p

I'm making spaghetti and garlic bread.
Texas,
you just have to be super lazy and all kinds of ideas just seem to fall out of nowhere:ROFLMAO: When does your flight arrive:LOL: ?

kadesma

MM. I believe that we would probably unlock one of the secrets of the universe if we could figure out EXACTLY how much soup to make for one sitting! It's beyond my puny powers.

Easy night for me... I put a pot of mixed beans and smoked sausage in the crockpot this morning. It was a perfect evening for it here. WE, are having unusual cool weather here. It is supposed to get 55' tonight."oh yeah", we also had buttered sweet cornbread. No dessert tonight. Very unusual for us... Maybe, it's the freaky Texas weather.Hmmmmmmmm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom