Anyone have supper yet? 2022 December 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We prepped a bunch of veggies for the supper planned for New Year's Eve. Then we were both pooped out and decided to order burgers. The burgers were, as expected, delicious. I had grilled asparagus instead of a potato side.

What did / will you have?

Mini meatloaf, garlic crash potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, ketchup & hot sauce to dip potatoes in, and white zinfandel.

meatloaf_122922_IMG_0461.jpg

Today was our kids' birthday, but only Goober was able to go out tonight. And he had to go tonight - he gets two wisdom teeth out tomorrow and won't be up to eating his weight until we're almost ready to go. We went to a newer farm-to-table restaurant in Cuyahoga Falls called Butcher and Sprout and everyone had a burger. The guys had fries, I had tots. Everything was really good.

20221229_201310.jpg

My burger has roasted mushrooms, caramelized onions, and Gruyère cheese.

Our schedule decided dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner.
First, stir fry
Last, fermented 9 grain flakes with carrot slaw.
Salad, pineapple, cuties, cinnamon raisin zucchini bread in the middle.

A bowl of creamy chicken rice soup and a hotdog on a slice of whole wheat bread.

The soup was inspired by CG's creamy chicken soup with wild rice.

My humble pantry version went something like this.

4 cups of water
2 packets of GOYA chicken flavored bouillon
1/4 cup of white rice
1 cup diced carrot
1 cup diced celey
1/2 cup diced onion
salt, pepper, and Bell's poultry seasoning to taste

Simmer the rice, vegetables, and seasonings together for approximately 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the vegetables are tender. Stir in cream of chicken soup and simmer for a minute or two.

Back
Top Bottom