Anyone have VandeCamps recipe date/nut loaf?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I don't know if anyone ever remembers having this tasty date nut loaf bread either from a Van De Camps restaurant or from the super market where you used to be able to purchase it. Is there a copy cat recipe for it? Anyone have it? If so, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee share! ;)

you're right, they did do seafood.......
they were famous for their battered fish fillets.
but they had restaurants and now they're gone.........
just want their date nut loaf recipe........
rats, wish i could find it........
very dense, very moist, very yummy.......

LEFSElover said:
I don't know if anyone ever remembers having this tasty date nut loaf bread either from a Van De Camps restaurant or from the super market where you used to be able to purchase it. Is there a copy cat recipe for it? Anyone have it? If so, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee share! ;)

Yes, I remember their date nut loaf, it was the best. Sorry I don't have the recipe but do you also remember the Dutch Girl Cookies and their Maple flat cookies? Why is it everytime something is good, they stop making them. I'm going to E-Mail Van De Camps and ask if they are planning to re-introduce those lines (they still sell donuts and cakes at the retail markets) .

I don't have the recipe, but I do have some kopy cat cookbooks, and will look. However, I ordered some brown bread and date or raisin bread from a New England site (will look up the address). It isn't VandeCamp, but another name. I use the brown bread to make chicken sandwiches for our tea parties and just eat the other with cream cheese. They both come in cans which makes it easy to slice evenly.

Back
Top Bottom