Anyone having dinner? Wednesday Nov 30/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I made TB spaghetti and meatballs today, using up the last of the pork/beef meatballs I made awhile ago and froze. I guess time to make a new batch! I had no sauce left so had to improvise with a tin of crushed tomatoes I had and some of my niece's chopped canned Romas.

I had a salad and threw a couple of the meatballs (chopped up) in for my protein. In a few hours I will finish off the cauliflower soup from yesterday.

What is everyone else having?

I stopped off at a Korean market on my way home this morning and loaded up for a couple of meals to make this week: a noodle stir fry, pork bulgogi, sashimi, shrimp and crab shu mai, and a few other treats.

And then right before I started cooking we lost power. Dw won't let me ignite the stove with a match, so my boy sliced up the sashimi, tuna and salmon, and made finger rolls to hold us over until the power comes back on.

Here's my boy's plates:

Attachments

• 1130161725.jpg
    1130161725.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 152
Going old school tonight: spaghetti with meat sauce.

But I'm baking up a storm. I'm trying to bake 10 cookie recipes in the next 10 days to find the perfect recipe for the cookie swap. I'll post a thread about it when I have time.

Since we (Craig ;) ) decided we needed to use the KA spiralizer, there just so happened to be a Zoodle soup recipe in the December Bon Appetit. It has bacon, parsnips, carrot, turnip, sliced brussel sprouts, fresh oregano and thyme, and I used the stock made from the turkey carcass. We had EPCOT cheese bread to go with it. Oh, a garnish of oil, fresh basil, lemon zest and anchovies for top of the soup.

37240-albums1041-picture6736.jpg

37240-albums1041-picture6737.jpg

Last edited:
I've been busy running with work lately and eating a lot of crap, so tonight I stayed home and decided to take some time for myself. A monster NY Strip (this was half) and salad, with homemade Sonoma Pinot Noir, and a little vintage Spyro Gyra on the noisebox. Kind of a party of one, I guess.

img_1489656_0_801cf1937d064bec5abdb713190bfd99.jpg

What great looking dinners this evening! bucky, I want some of that sashimi, and good for your boy for putting it all together...he's definitely on a 'roll'. :yum:

Med...your soup and bread looks so good.

Steve....holy cow, I want a slice of that NY strip. :ohmy:

-------------

I repurposed the rest of the Chinese take out from last night, and had a fried rice, shrimp, veggie, and egg stir fry. It was really good. My fortune cookie said "A thrilling time is in your immediate future..." We shall see. :LOL:

I stopped off at a Korean market on my way home this morning and loaded up for a couple of meals to make this week: a noodle stir fry, pork bulgogi, sashimi, shrimp and crab shu mai, and a few other treats.

And then right before I started cooking we lost power. Dw won't let me ignite the stove with a match, so my boy sliced up the sashimi, tuna and salmon, and made finger rolls to hold us over until the power comes back on.

Here's my boy's plates:

Bucky, your boy is not only good looking, he is very talented as well! those rolls are great!

I stopped off at a Korean market on my way home...my boy sliced up the sashimi, tuna and salmon, and made finger rolls..
As we would say about our son, "Chef Kiss-n-Tell", when he would cook: He'll make someone a fine wife some day. FWIW, he's four weeks away from age 36, and forEVER away from ever marrying. :LOL:

Everyone's dinner looks and sounds so much better than ours. It started out great, since Himself decided to surprise me by taking us to Chick-fil-a after we dropped off my Sally for her nose job and fender repairs. I love me some Chick-fil-a, and we never did stop at one when we were on vacation. Then came "dessert": a blown tire from hitting a curb that was lurking in dark and rainy street. I've never seen a 1-square-inch chunk taken clean out of a tire's sidewall. :ermm: :cry: Hope we need to replace just the one tire...

Thanks Smokey, Andy, Cheryl, LP, and CG.

My not-so-little-guy worked hard on everything, including the plating. I love the oshinko in the middle topped with a twist of pickled ginger.

Med, that soup is calling my name.

And Steve, your steak looks just perfect.

CG, you know you're not supposed to drive on the sidewalks, right?

Nice sushi there, bucky! :)

I used some of the leftover turkey and stock I made from the bones to make a version of Olive Garden's Chicken and Gnocchi Soup. It tasted bland to me, so I added dried thyme and fresh sage and parsley. Perfect! I also added some Swiss chard from the garden with the spinach.

I also made salads with some of the greens from the garden and served homemade bread.

Attachments

• 1480596286868.jpg
    1480596286868.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 128

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom