Are There Any Recipes You've Lost or Would Like to Have???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAYT721

Senior Cook
I have more than 1,000,000 recipes in a CD collection that I own plus access to many food websites that I could use to help you find lost or wanted recipes. Let me know if there's anything you have been searching for. I can't promise results but I will try to help. /rayt721

Re: Are There Any Recipes You've Lost or Would Like to Have?

RAYT721 said:
I have more than 1,000,000 recipes in a CD collection that I own plus access to many food websites that I could use to help you find lost or wanted recipes. Let me know if there's anything you have been searching for. I can't promise results but I will try to help. /rayt721

How about cooking "octopus"? I always wanted to cook one up, but I have no clue.

Your right Jess! I don't like seefood to begin with. The more I think about it.......... I feel ill.
I'm not so sure I could eat it.

Guess Who's NOT Coming to Dinner??? :)

Guess Who's NOT Coming to Dinner??? :LOL:
Octopus Fritters

2 sm. octopus weighing about 1 1/2
lbs. each, cleaned
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c. cooking oil
2 yellow onions, peeled & minced
2 eggs
1 c. flour

Boil octopus for 20 minutes in rapidly boiling water. Drain, drop in ice water. With coarse brush, scrape away purple skin. Cut off head, mince octopus. Make batter of onions, salt, eggs and flour. Add octopus. Shape into flat cakes 3 inches in diameter. Brown fritters in hot oil. Serve with butter. Source: 1,000,000 Recipes - Nutridata Systems.

Chargrilled baby octopus is gorgeous! As is octopus sushi, don't let the tentacles I say tentacles, put you off!!!

"cut off head"?? :shock: "scrape the purple skin" :shock: ??? NO WAY!! ahhhhhhhh! I'm getting A funny feeling just thinking about it.

Thanks for looking that up RAYT721! Very interesting.

Headless Octopus Blues

The request had me curious. I've had squid (tastes like rubber bands) and found that once was enough for that curiousity. With the instructions on the Octopus Fritters as I found, my curiousity has already been satisfied. NO WAY!!! The CD that I have is made up of like 2700 cookbooks so I knew that Octopus would be inclusive. It's gonna be hard to sleep tonight and I can never watching "Finding Nemo" the same way. :shock: /rayt721

Octopus.. :roll:
True story:
When my DH was with the Marines in Japan (1953) he went into a resturant and saw TACO on the menu..he ordered two..out came MaMaSan with an octopus LIVE in each hand...he learned a new word that day.LOL
Marge

Re: Attn: MJ

RAYT721 said:
Attn: MJ: Now that's what I call Macaroni and SEAS!!! :) /rayt721
:LOL: Thats funny RAYT721 :LOL:

I never imagined you could make A hot dog look like A octopus.

A hotdog octopus?!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif
Dude, I must tell you... I laughed out loud on THAT one!!! You ROCK!!
33.gif

I've heard that squid (there is another less icky name - calmari) like some shellfish needs to be cooked either very very fast or for a long long time. Perhaps Octopus is the same? Have had it in sushi and...well...don't need to do that again soon. And I LOVE sushi!

(especially our Deadly one)

What I had in mind...

When I was in elementary school, I used to love the cookies they served that they called "Peanut Butter Fudgies." They were no-bake cookies and sickening sweet. :)

My Mom had gotten ahold of the school lunch staff to get the recipe but when I left home, I never got the recipe from her. She passed away a few years back. I did finally find the recipe on the Internet a while back.

So, the purpose of this thread was to see if maybe there were recipes like this that meant alot to you that you've lost (or even recipes that you never had but always wished you had).

If anything comes to mind, why not see if I (or others) can help? I thought it would be nice to have a thread for finding and sharing your "In Search Of...." recipes in one convenient area.

/rayt721

Hey Ray...do they have mini marshmallows in them? I make some that we call Peanut butter fudge. I just toss about a cup of Jif and a cup of chocolate chips in the microwave for a minute, stir until all is mixed nicely and then toss in a small bag of mini marshmallows...coloured or white...your choice. Spread in a 9x9 and chill until set.

Peanut Butter Fudgies

Peanut Butter Fudgies (No Bake)

mix together:
2 cups sugar
5 tbls. cocoa
1/2 cup milk
tsp vanilla
1 stick of margarine

Boil this mixture for 2 minutes on full boil.
Take off stove and add 3 cups of oatmeal and mix together.
Place by the teaspoon on to a piece of wax paper, and let cool.

Back
Top Bottom