Are you guys still here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
First of all, I posted a Jim Minion chili recipe below, asking if that was the same one he posted before numbnuts deleted everything.

Second, we need to grow this board. I challenge each of you to email our bbq buddies and invite them here. We need a bigger base of posters.
What we have to offer is a restriction free site to discuss bbq and grilling.

We need to get Bigwheel here...people follow him, and he's not wanted on most boards for expressing his own opinions. He's currently at Klose Board. Someone go get him. Minion will come here more often as we got more competitors.

Let's make this work. I'm tired of all the discussion being on the general board.

lets get the cooking subjects active again...and not delete the messages.

And kiss my smokey butt!

20 minutes go by, 10 views, no replies. This is what I'm talking about!
You people need to live on this board like I do!

I need immediate responses!

Don't make me get my bullet out!

We also need Chez here.

Captain Morgan said:
First of all, I posted a Jim Minion chili recipe below, asking if that was the same one he posted before numbnuts deleted everything.

Second, we need to grow this board. I challenge each of you to email our bbq buddies and invite them here. We need a bigger base of posters.
What we have to offer is a restriction free site to discuss bbq and grilling.

We need to get Bigwheel here...people follow him, and he's not wanted on most boards for expressing his own opinions. He's currently at Klose Board. Someone go get him. Minion will come here more often as we got more competitors.

Let's make this work. I'm tired of all the discussion being on the general board.

lets get the cooking subjects active again...and not delete the messages.

And kiss my smokey butt!

Captain is there anything you do like about the board? :shock: I think with just a month under our belts, in the middle of winter, we are doing great with the number (40 members in 21 days) and quality of members for a brand new board! Give it time, we'll soon have more people than we want! BTW, if you want Bigwheel here so damn bad, GO GET HIM YOURSELF TOUGHGUY! :-D

I'll work on Bigwheel. I've chated with him in the past and besides, we both have something in common!! :-D :-D

Capt'n, feel free to introduce anyone you want to the board. Every one is welcome!! (Well, I can think of 2 people that our administrator might not be happy with :ack: LOL!!!

And on Jim's chili, I never saw the recipe. I was just kinda tryin' to remind Jim about this post. :oops:

By the way, please feel free to post a link on your website :-D

Captain Morgan said:
20 minutes go by, 10 views, no replies. This is what I'm talking about!
You people need to live on this board like I do!

I need immediate responses!

Don't make me get my bullet out!

We also need Chez here.

Cap. Go get 'em.

Next time I cue (as in dig it out of the igloo I call my back yard) I'll post. For now best I can do is last weekend's variation on Nick P's chili recipe.

That's what I'm talking about. More posts, more often. Just let people know we're out here.

The biggest boards are Ray's, Chris's, and the Eggers. Cookshak also has a big following. I don't want to put anybody out of business, but it'd be great if one board that didn't censor would have the same traffic.

I've got a relationship with Bigwheel. I'll go after him too. Maybe if two of us ask him he'll show up. I have no relationship with Chez. But the main thing is growing the board. When newbies show up and ask dumb questions, don't please yourself with a belittling joke that adds up to nothing more than mental masturbation, help em out so they'll come back here.

Traffic is the key to making this site work.

So says the administrator of another bbq board!

"Is there anything you do like about this board?"

The only reason I'm posting is because I like this board, dumbass.

A few less Yankees would be ok though. :)

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3ecx1wrz]

"Is there anything you do like about this board?"

The only reason I'm posting is because I like this board, dumbass.

A few less Yankees would be ok though. :)[/quote:3ecx1wrz]

Okay Captain Dickface, if you notice there was a smile at the end of my post! I was being humorous, but in turn you called me a "dumbass" Thanks, Capt!

Ahem...Currently I have solicited like 30 of the 40 members here...so, Capt. why don't you pick up the pace! By the way, if you look in the intro to the site, you will see a call to arms about getting members on the site...I for sure know that it is key to a successful board!

I am not a motivational speaker....I am a doer! :D

NOW, GET OUT THERE AND SELL, SELL, SELL...Oh, wait...I thought I was at work! :oops:

I just put a link on the texasbbqrub.com site. I think they will be ok with that since there isn't any real competition here! They are real good folks there. Woody

I feel a little akward about doing that Woodie, but, you know them better than me...perhaps asking Bill would have been a good idea?

He's already here! There's not really a competitive issue at hand. Hell we're helping to sell rub here too. It is a great product at a fair price. Hey, what happened to Cap'n "Crunch" Morgan? He shoots his wad all afternoon about how he's holdin down the fort all by himself, and now he's nowhere to be found? Maybe his mommee wommee already tuckerd his wittle bottom into his jammie wammies???zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As stated before, I had a poker game. Despite the fact I get up at 4:30 every morning, I'm still posting here at this very late hour (for me).
If you're interested, I won 9 dollars tonight.

Anyway, we've got things stirred up. Now that there's a few more people here, perhaps a mission statement should be issued to let folks know exactly what's going on.

Secondly, I'd be interested in shutting down my forum and using a link to send people here. I'd be willing to discuss it in an open forum.
Not a big deal, but we're over 30 thousand hits in six months at bbqboard.com. I'd want to save the info over here somewhere though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom