Are You Passing Out Candy On Halloween?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love seeing the little kids all dressed up. I don't mind the older kids either. If they still come out, it must be important to them.

Every year my DD and SIL come here with our grandson to trick or treat. we live in a townhouse condo development so there are a lot of doorbells fairly close together. Actually, kids from other neighborhoods come here too.

SO buys a giant bag of about 150 pieces of candy (thank you Costco). She hands out the candy while DD, SIL, GS and I walk around the neighborhood gather goodies. When GS gets tired, we go back to the house for dinner and he gets to jump up from the dinner table a few dozen times to feed the later goblins. When we run out of candy, the porch light goes off and we're done.

Last year we had one kid, this year her little brother might be old enough, so we might be up to two. There are 23 houses on our street, and we're isolated from other neighborhoods (at least a half mile in either direction before you might encounter kids.). There are a couple of kids in college, the one family with the two little kids, otherwise it's just us old folks. Mrs. T will buy what she likes, as there will be candy left over.

I love Halloween! Used to decorate like crazy, and gave out candy that I like. We never got a lot of kids, and now even fewer as the families around here have grown up. And I've never had a problem with handing out candy to teens.

We always have dozens of trick or treaters, from our neighborhood and outside. As long as they make an effort, they get candy. I love to see the little kids, and have watched quite a few grow up over the years. We live in an old-fashioned walkable neighborhood, and the Civic League has a pumpkin-carving contest to encourage people to decorate, so it's fun for everyone.

We live waaay out in the country and homes are spaced quite far apart. Besides that, most of the folks on our road are retired or nearly so.

As a result, the only little goblins we are likely to see are our two grandchildren who live about 18 miles away.

When I lived in our little town with Buck it wasn't unusual to have several hundred candy beggars. One year, we scrambled and looked for pennies and other "treats" the children would enjoy.

Almost no kids around here. DH might sit downstairs and hand out to the two or three kids that might show up. We might just turn the lights off instead. It's a bit of a nuisance, since we are usually upstairs, so it means another trip down the stairs. I used to wear all black and a pointie, witchy hat to hand out candy.

Since I wasn't into passing out candies when I was in my 20's I attended Halloween parties. I met my first, serious, long term girlfriend at a friend's Halloween party. I think she was turned on by my sexy, all black, head-to-toe ninja outfit with black rope so she had no idea what I looked like but we clicked immediately. She came as a princess so she wasn't hiding her face when we met. That was 1980.

Last edited:
Won’t be giving any but will take my step son trick or treating for the first time ever, just came from Thailand 2 days ago, taking him to the posh neighborhoods

I spotted this in the petrol station this evening and I had to have it. Salted caramel fudge Kit Kat. I don't much like chocolate but I have a weakness for salted caramel and I wasn't disappointed.
kitkat-chunky-salted-caramel-fudge-diagonal.jpg

Spike lives in a partially subsidized housing complex. LOADED WITH KIDS. They have a system. If the outside light is on, candy is inside. No light, no candy.

I live in an elderly housing building that requires you use a code to cause the door to open. No kids come here.

We don't get many kids since moving (rural-ish) so I make it worth their while. We usually have full sized candy bars (rarely hand out more that 6) for the kids.

I have a few adult friends who stop by on Halloween as well - they come trick or treating with shot glasses and so we oblige with something like Brandy or Baileys and some yummy baked item. This year I'm thinking about making some hand pies.

Thread Title:

...or, if your name is Candy, "Are You Passing Out, Candy, On Halloween?"

Last edited:
Thread Title:

...or, if your name is Candy, "Are You Passing Out, Candy, On Halloween?"
A panda walks into a bar. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.

"Why? Why are you behaving in this strange, un-panda-like fashion?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda walks towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

"I'm a panda," he says, at the door. "Look it up."

The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finds an explanation.

"Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

Back
Top Bottom