Ash Wednesday ~ Dinner Thread For 2/22/2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Oh my, I forgot all about this "holiday" and what do I have planned for dinner but Pork ...
Kalua Pig with Cabbage Rice And homemade Lomi Lomi Salmon.JPG

(file photo)
Kalua Pig with Cabbage, Lomi Lomi Salmon and that ever present steamed White Rice (aka Sticky Rice)

Whatcha makin'?

I didn't forget about that holiday. It's just not relevant since I'm a heathen.

We had breakfast for supper. I made ham cups with eggs and cheese. I also cooked the rest of a package of bacon (wouldn't want it to go off) and served that with whole wheat English muffins. Danged smoke detector went off while I was taking food out of the oven. I really wish that I could just shout, "Thank you, it's fine. Shut up now." Instead, I have to run to the far side of the living room; climb on the sofa; and push a button to turn it off. Oh well, supper was yummy.

Attachments

• Breakfast for supper - 2 ham cups with egg and cheese, bacon, and English muffins.jpg
    Breakfast for supper - 2 ham cups with egg and cheese, bacon, and English muffins.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Breakfast for supper - ham cups with egg and cheese, bacon, and English muffins.jpg
    Breakfast for supper - ham cups with egg and cheese, bacon, and English muffins.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I made a creole type dish today, including some bell peppers I had to use, plus some mushrooms, and some ham, from the freezer. I made the tomato sauce, and simmered it briefly, then stirred in the leftover millet/rice mix I had with the Thai curry. I let it sit about 5 minutes, to absorb some of the liquid. Almost the same as jambalaya, w/o shrimp.
The creole type dish, with some mushrooms and ham, before mixing in the millet and rice mix. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished creole dish, after mixing in the leftover millet/rice mix, and letting it sit for 5 minutes. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
After taking the kids to school I made a run for the grocers before the storm settled in. Guess everyone else did too!
Made taco's, delish. Froze about 2 more meals from it. I don't care for tortillas so I used mini tortillas cups. Actually just about as messy but for some reason I prefer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom