Baby Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
If you ever wondered what a chef's kid eats. I don't know if I ever mentioned this in the past, but I have a baby daughter. She's 14 months now and pretty much outgrew the bottled foods with the exception to the pastas and the fruits. So, I've been experimenting a lot at home on my days off with cooking her different and healthy things to eat. Here's what she had today for lunch:

Asian Ragout of Zucchini, Mushrooms, and Sweet Onions with Homemade Tofu

The tofu I learned from my grandma and the ragout was simply prepared with soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin, and ginger and braised until tender.

Attachments

• babyfood.jpg
    babyfood.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 233
I dont recall you mentioning your baby daugther, but she is very fortunate to have a chef dad who prepares such wonderful meals for her. I dont like tofu because of the texture, but I know it takes on the flavors of most anything it is paired with.

Tofu is also a great source of protein, iron, and calcium while being virtually free from any saturated or trans fats unless you add it yourself. I swear she eats better than we do. I make her stuff like that and I'm eating taquitos or pizza.

Get to practice some of my Italian cooking. No fusion here:

Tonno e Zucchini all'Agrodolce

Tuna, Zucchini, and Potato sauteed and braised in a sweet and sour San Marzano tomato sauce.

Attachments

• sweetsourtuna.jpg
    sweetsourtuna.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 229
i think tofu's great for her. you may want to offer diced baked squashes, omlettes, etc. and congrats to you, for being a Dad!

Last edited:
We're trying to introduce her to different but healthy flavors and foods. I try to cook her foods with as little oil and fats as possible with a focus on vegetables and protein.

If anyone else has pics or info of what they feed their kids please feel free to post them in here.

Back
Top Bottom