Back from Camp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome report and photos!
I took my 3 little grandkids camping this last weekend. It was the first time for them camping and it was a very positive experience for them. When they're a bit older I plan on taking them on short backpacking over-nighters.

That had to be so much fun. They will remember camping with Grandpa.

Wonderful photos, Fox, and a terrific overview of your vacation. Thank you for "taking us along" with you while we're in the comforts of our home.

My camping days are over, but they were never really much to brag about anyway. To us, camping was more of a way to vacation on the cheap, shunning a hotel and spending the cash on activities or special regional meals. We sure got "looks" when we would step out of our 9x9 in almost-formal wear. :ohmy: When our two kids came along, we managed to pack tent, sleeping bags, supplies, and coolers, plus four of us, into a VW Golf. Besides short trips around OH and MI, we went to Boston and twice to Canada (Mississauga). Then we got a station wagon in 1988...and never camped again. :LOL:

Now, my idea of "roughing it" is sleeping on an inflatable mattress instead of a tufted bed, setting it myself rather than having housekeeping double-sheet the bed. ;)

...I was in sandals, so I ended up standing in a swamp for three hours in sandals, I now definitely have Zitka and probably malaria and yellow fever, but the bugs on the island are well fed!...
All you need to do is give this a catchy name, like "Active Massage with Pure, Primordial Waters" and you'll have Hollyweird types shoving money your way and ask you to tell them where you found such a luxury. :D

And, as an aside and purely a "homer" comment, New England has beautiful fall colors but they do not have a lock on that beauty. Personally, I prefer the rolling hills of OH with the wide variety of trees turning so many colors you can't even count them. And one of my favorite travel routes in the autumn (when we tend to stay to an interstate) is I-80 through the middle of PA. When we visit the kids in OH during "color season" I try to be the passenger when the sun is out. I don't want to run us off the road while looking at the scenery!

Back
Top Bottom