Baked chicken wing recipe tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would think dry ingredients would stick better on wet surface? What is best way to dry wings? A whole lot of paper towel?
Go back through this thread and find the link that GotGarlic shared in post #18. It explains better than I can. There's more than one way to do it. The article discusses them.

I have the original Anchor Bar recipe, and it says, in part,

"Preheat the oven to 250oF. Bake the wings for 15 minutes, then deep fry in vegetable oil to the desired texture (soft or crispy)."

Go back through this thread and find the link that GotGarlic shared in post #18. It explains better than I can. There's more than one way to do it. The article discusses them.
The Korean Fried Chicken recipe? I kind of scanned through that. I saw it used peanut oil which I wanted to avoid in case anyone was allergic. It mentioned drying?

The Korean Fried Chicken recipe? I kind of scanned through that. I saw it used peanut oil which I wanted to avoid in case anyone was allergic. It mentioned drying?
I didn't mention that for the recipe. It's that Kenji explains so well, different ways to dry the skin on the chicken wings. He tells you the results of his experiments.

I recommend drying them first. An airfryer will dry them but then cooking will take longer because the wings have to be dried before they can start cooking and crisping.

Yes, air fryers are convection ovens.

Back
Top Bottom