Balsamic vinegar??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahem! Back to the topic. Balsamic Vinegar is great stuff, but is not for everything. I once tried using it in my Pineapple Sweet & Sour Sauce. It just wasn't right. Then again, I used rice vinegar last night and it wasn't right either. Plain white vinegar or Apple Cider vinegar work well in it though.

There. Now that I've been back on topic, it's time to jump off again. I am a true believer that you should harass your children before they turn into teenagers and know everything.

And what was your favoret way to torment kids? you ask. Well that one's easy. Ice water over the shower curtain, heh,heh,heh.

Of course they got me back. It wouldn't be fair if I hadn't let them. That's a Dad's job. But I have to admit that there was a certain young teen, a daughter of a family freind, who, while I was showering at their house, as I had been there with my wife helping around the farm, introduced me to the ice-water over the shower trick. I was about 26 years of age and just a bit too quick and agile for this poor young lass. She was outside watering some plants with a hose. When I stepped outside, fully dressed, she tried to turn the hose on me. I was too quick though and was able to elude her. However, I did get the hose, and she got drenched in cold water. I didn't get a drop on me. That was payback, and extremely fun. It infuriated her that she couldn't catch me. I told her that ya just have to be careful who you get with your pranks. Don't mess with the big dogs.

I also got her and her boyfreind while we were visiting another time. She had just returned from eating at a restauraunt with her boyfreind. We "adults" were sitting around the kitchen table, just jawing a bit when she and her squeese walked in. I looked her in the eye and said "I know what you two have been doing tonight." in a very incriminating voice. She retorted a simple "What." I then said, without batting an eyelash, you two have been out masticating."

The poor girl had no idea that masticate means to chew. She turned so many shades of deep red, and her parents howled in laughter. I'm afraid I left scars with that one. We did tell her what masticate meant, when we again commanded control of our emotions.

As my favorite wabbit says, "Ain't I a stinker?" :mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom