Barbara is in the Hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad she's alright James. Tell her I'm thinking of her and sending her prayers for better health.

Hi, James. I'm sorry you and Barbara had to go through this, but I'm glad she's feeling better and will be home soon. Don't worry about the living will thing - it's a standard question they ask everyone. Take good care of yourselves.

OH my goodness! Thank God you were smart and got her to the hospital James. I know firsthand how painful that gallbladder stuff is. She'll be glad to have it gone believe me! Prayers for a swift recovery coming her way.

Tell Barbara hello for me and give her a big hug. let her know that i've said a prayer for her and hopefully she will be home soon and doing fine. Lots of love to both you and Barbara.

James, please give her a big hug and smooch from me!!!

I'm sure glad they figured out what was wrong with her so fast and did something about it. Gallstones are murder, so having it out is the best thing.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[BARBARA'NJAMES]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Please give her a big hug for me too James. I am so glad she had you to take her to the hospital. You are a good husband!

How is Barbara today? I hope all is going well now that the stones are out!

Wow, I'm glad you got her in to the doctor so quickly. Please send her my good wishes for a speedy recovery, and give her a big hug from me too. :)

Thank you so much everyone!

It all went so quickly! I have been having this pain off and on for the last several months (over a year I think) where I get huge and bloated and my upper abdomen and back hurt. It has aways gone away, so I just figured it was gas. This time though, it wasn't going away, and my chest started hurting. Plus I was sweating, so I thought maybe I was having a heart attack. We went to the emergency room. As soon as I said chest pain, they put me in an ER room and started checking me.

They did an EKG, made me chew up 4 baby aspirins, and put a nitro patch on me. They asked if I had felt nauseous, and I said yes. It wasn't 2 minutes later I threw up all over. Then another doctor came in and checked me. He said the x-rays showed a bad gallbladder. He just happened to have an opening right then, so they took me right down to the operating room (How often does that happen?!). The surgery wasn't quite as long as James thought--some of that was recovery, etc., but the doctor said it was, "the gallbladder from hell." He told me this morning that it usually takes no more than 15 minutes, but mine took over an hour. It was just about to become gangrenous. He said it was the nastiest looking gallbladder he had ever seen.

I felt so much better right after the surgery. I came home today. I'm still a little sore. Like the doctor said, I have 4 stab wounds in my abdomen, so that's to be expected. I never needed any painkillers after the surgery, which I think surprised them.

It is good to be home! Both my physical home and my DC home. You all are the greatest!

:)Barbara

Last edited:
So glad to hear you're home and doing so well. That old gallbladder being gone will make you feel so much better. Take care of yourself and don't try to do too much too soon.

Thanks! I am definitely going to heed the advice I have been given--I'm off to take a much needed nap!

:)Barbara

Barbara, I am very happy for you that you are doing well. I have had galstones for about 3 years now but so far they haven't acted up too much yet.

Back
Top Bottom