Beef Tenderloin with Bordelaise Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
Wanted to share with you guys another one of my favorite recipes.

This recipe takes a little work, but it is well worth it. I usually make this on special occasions or when I am entertaining guest. It makes wonderful leftovers for sandwiches.

You can make the sauce a day ahead and reheat in microwave or double boiler.

1 large beef tenderloin, trimmed
2 T. butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, halved
seasoned salt
onion salt
seasoned pepper
4 T. butter

Bordelaise Sauce:
4 T. butter
2 shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 onions, sliced
4 carrots, thinly sliced
2 sprigs parsley
2 whole clove
12 black peppercorn
1 bay leaf
4 T. flour
2 10 1/2 oz. cans beef bouillon
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 T. parsley, snipped

Preheat oven to 400

Rub tenderloin with softened butter and garlic. Heavily shake the seasonings on all sides of the meat until well coated.

Heat 4 T. of butter in a large skillet until smokin hot. Brown meat on all sides rolling over often, until well seared.

Bake uncovered in shallow roasting pan at 400 until desired doneness. Bake 20 minutes for rare, 25 minutes for medium. do not cook tenderloin well done.

To prepare sauce, melt butter in large skillet. Saute shallots, garlic, onion slices, carrots, parsley spring, cloves, peppercorns and bay leaf until onion is golden and tender.

Reduce to low temp and add flour. Stir constantly until flour is ligh brown and thickened.

Add beef bouillon and simmer until slightly thickened and smooth, stirring often.

Mash as much through a food mill, or large strainer as possible. Add salt, pepper, wine and snipped parsley. Chill if serving later.

Back
Top Bottom