Beer Lovers out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris,you may have misunderstood. "Old Style" is not good beer! And, I would venture to guess that anything that comes out of that swill factory in Milwaukee fits the same description!!!!! :roll:

Woodman said:
Chris,you may have misunderstood. "Old Style" is not good beer! And, I would venture to guess that anything that comes out of that swill factory in Milwaukee fits the same description!!!!! :roll:

Sorry... I'm not familiar with that brew.

But no... they actually brew some decent 'micro brews' that you would never know came from there. Companys that just found it is cheaper to use their facilities and distribution system than go it alone.

Whatever happened to that beer with a white can that had "BEER" in black lettering on it?? That was a good beer! :LOL:

My buddy and I decided we were going to drink every kind of beer we could get our hands on in 1984. It was harder to get good stuff back then because epicuria had not yet struck America in the form of cable TV, but we managed to try over 150 of them. Standouts were:

Brand -Holland
Aass-Norway
Thos Coopers Real Ale- Australia
Pilsner Urquel (ubiquitous now, but a rarity back in 84)-Czech
Samuel Smiths Taddy Porter -England
Orval -Trappist Belgian
Bios -Belgian

The absolute worst tasting shit I ever drank came from Scotland:

Mckewans Scotch Ale
Adlescot "Smoked" Malt Liquor .........Awful!!!!!

Hey you guys have got it all wrong!!!

Labatt Blue
Molson Canadian
Now that's good beer, expensive but good beer EH!!

Cheers 8) :-D

Steve,

I'm with you Steve, Labatt's and Molson are damn good beers. In fact I happen to be on a Molson kick right now.

Steve McMurtry said:
Hey you guys have got it all wrong!!!

Labatt Blue
Molson Canadian
Now that's good beer, expensive but good beer EH!!

Cheers 8) :-D
Yepper!! I should have their stock!! :LOL:

My neighbor is from Syracuse so now he's got me hooked on the Labatts (again). Still would rather have a Long Trail or a Newcastle though....

I have to admit that I have had one REALLY good beer in the good ole USA.
It was in Austin Texas, "Shiner Bock" That stuff is so smooth that I could drink it till the cows came home!!

Cheers

Frankly, I try to drink draft beer whenever possible. One better is if it is brewed on premisis! Best of all worlds is if it is a heady Weiss "mit Hefe", the unfiltered , cloudy kind in a 20 oz glass with a lemon floating in it!!! I like to call it "liquid bread."! Throw in a 3/4 lb cheesburger with fries and I'm livin! Woody

Texlaw,

It has been at least 15 years since I had my last Shiner. What a shame!
Besides enjoying the great state of Texas, next was pounding back a few
Shiner's and the odd round of golf!!!

Cheers

TexLaw said:
I remember all the hype when the Triple Bock was coming out about ten years ago. Man, we all waiting for it and planning on buying it by the case. Thank goodness I only got the one bottle when I did. Whoa! Maple coming out the wahzoo! About as unbalanced a beer as I've ever had. I couldn't finish even the 8 oz bottle. Yes, it is an old ale, rather than a bock, but I surely couldn't care less how it aged. If I want sherry notes, I'll have some sherry before I drink that stuff again.

And, yes, cask conditioned is a wonderful way to go. Thankfully, Saint Arnold has its Amber available in a cask conditioned version at a few spots in Houston. I had one last night while hanging out with the owner and a couple other guys from the brewery. Yummy stuff. They actually make a cask conditioned version of just about every seasonal they do, as well, but you can usually only get something other than the Amber at a special event.

Man, only 9:10, and I'm ready for another beer. You'd think I had enough last night!

TL

You mentioned sherry. Now good Spanish "Jerez" compliment food like no other wine around. A good Fino (Tio Pepe, or La Ina from Domenq) are so bone dry it makes you pucker! I make almost all my soups and gravies using a Lustau "Los Arcos" Amontillado. I love a good sherry! Not too keen on the "Olorosos" though. Too sweet! Domenq makes a good one called "Celebration Cream". Woody

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom