Beginners guide to knives?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Trooper. That is exactly what we decided to do. Picked up a block the other day. We looked at the Henckels International set that Costco had, but didn't really like it. Both hubby and myself like the feel of the Wusthof Classic 8" chefs knife. I think that is what we will start out with. We will probably buy them little by little as we need them. When we looked at the sets, they came with knives we probably wouldn't use. For now we just got the block and are using our old knives. We just got a Syderco Sharpmaker and are practicing sharpening.

BTW: In your earlier post you mentioned you liked the Cordon Bleu line. Amazon.com has a few of them if you still want some.

Carol

My first "Real Knife" was a Wusthof 8" Classic with white handles and granton edge - My dear mrs. trooper ordered it for me! Great knife!

The Cordon Bleu knife I used at the place I work because of the extremely fine detail (of everything) - I since have changed to a 9.5" UX-10, but still keep the Cordon Bleu as a backup for now. (Horrible and Tragic things happen to equipment in commercial kitchen.)

Back
Top Bottom