Berry soup-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Tired, want ot relax with something cold and sweet sitting by the pool in the shade?

My guys love this..
Berry Soup
1-c. strawberries
1-c. raspberries
1/3-c. sugar
1/2-c. sour cream
1/2-c. heavy cream
1-1/2-c. water
1/2-c. rose wine
Place berries and sugar into blender and puree. Pour into a pitcher and stir in creams til blended. Add water and wine, chill, enjoy

kadesma:)

Piccolina said:
What an utterly gorgeous recipe! I would love to sit back and dip a spoon into that all summer long :)
Thanks Jessica,
I enjoy it in the evening when it's still warm but the sun has set and I can just sit still and enjoy without having to , change a diaper, wipe a nose, make a bottle:ROFLMAO: What I have done at times is leave out the water and wine and add some milk, or more cream and ice cream, then buzz it up but not thin it out to much and then I do use a spoon:ROFLMAO:

IC,
I've never tried it, but I'll do so the next batch I make..I like having suggestions that will improve a recipe. Thanks

kadesma said:
Thanks Jessica,
I enjoy it in the evening when it's still warm but the sun has set and I can just sit still and enjoy without having to , change a diaper, wipe a nose, make a bottle:ROFLMAO: What I have done at times is leave out the water and wine and add some milk, or more cream and ice cream, then buzz it up but not thin it out to much and then I do use a spoon:ROFLMAO:

I'd be leaving out the wine if I make it (which I hope to, and soon!), I'm happy to hear you say first-hand that it still tastes divine...Yum this would be great on Canada Day (red colour of the soup for the red in the flag), I may make it then :)

Piccolina said:
I'd be leaving out the wine if I make it (which I hope to, and soon!), I'm happy to hear you say first-hand that it still tastes divine...Yum this would be great on Canada Day (red colour of the soup for the red in the flag), I may make it then :)
Piccolina,:)
leave out the wine, we could substitute, a sparkling water, or apple cider or even 7-up, I have added cream or milk and left out the water, then added several scoops of ice cream, so as far as I go, I like it just as well without spirits as with...Maybe even better and it's better for me:LOL:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom