Best Pound Cake Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
best POUND CAKE ever

guys i had to go to an all womens' party today and i made this cake to take to my friend's house,everybody loved it,it was super soft and yummy,here's the recipe...

1 cup cold butter
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract(i didnt even use that,i like a pound cake to taste like butter and eggs,but u could use it if u want)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Using a bit of butter, coat only the bottom of a 9-inch tube pan; dust with flour (sides should remain ungreased so the cake will adhere to them better when rising).

Put butter in a large mixing bowl and work it with a wooden spoon until it become shiny, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and salt; continue to work sugar and butter together. When well-mixed, stir in a circular motion until the mixture loses most of its gritty feeling. Adding eggs will dissolve the rest.

Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition. After third egg has been incorporated, add 2 tablespoons flour. Add the last 2 eggs and continue to stir, then add the rest of the flour in 4 parts, stirring well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.

Spoon batter into prepared tube pan and smooth top. Bake for 40 minutes, then increase temperature to 325 degrees F. After 5 more minutes of baking, gently remove pan from oven, bend your ear to it and listen for bubbling or a slight sound. If you hear something, put it back in the oven to bake another 10 minutes, then remove again and listen. Let it bake another 5 minutes if necessary, until the cake is quiet. Or insert a skewer into cake; if it comes out clean, the cake is done.

Remove cake from oven and run a knife around the sides of the pan; turn out onto a wire rack, then turn cake face up. Cool, uncovered, for 15 minutes, then cover with a clean towel (otherwise the cake will become dry and hard).

Hi Sarah,

This looks so delicious and simple (classic more than simple), I think I'll try it this week with the addition of a homemade blueberry sauce.

Happy cooking to all! :)

it looks pretty and tastes absolutely delicious,i've already made it twice in one week,and plan to make again in a couple days...

Back
Top Bottom