Best show on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hells Kitchen
Master chef
Ramsay's kitchen Nightmares
The F word -- used to be good until they included families and stuff :neutral:
Psycho ville
Human Target
Psych
Mock the week -- When Frankie Boyle and Russel Howard were on it :(
QI
I could go on. XD

I love Top Chef, but my favorite shows of late is Boardwalk Empire. Though...I cannot wait until True Blood returns.

~Kathleen

GB, as an actor I am a Devito fan, I am a massive fan of "large group" script writting unique to America in that period.
Latka Gravas was my fav character in Taxi, Carla Tortelli in Cheers.That being said all the actors and the scripts were a revelation over here.
Ps my all time fav comedian was the late great Lenny Bruce:)

scheduled recordings on my dvr: pawn stars, man v. food, bizarre foods, survivor, boardwalk empire, swamp people, icarly, ax men, scooby doo, the simpsons, family guy, julia and jacques: cooking at home, jacques pepin: fast food my way, colameco's food show, ciao italia, lidia's italy, cook's country, america's test kitchen, nova, scientific american frontiers, nick stellino cooking with friends, and a few more i can't recall.

I'm assuming you're talking about cooking shows. The current ones I like are:

1) "Good Eats" with Alton Brown. Entertaining and informative. I have a dozen or so of his videos. Interesting that his recipes always work.
2) "Fresh" with Anna Olson. Like Alton, her recipes always work and her prep is instructive.
3) Iron Chef. Ideas galore. Very formulaic, but you can learn from this.

Watch and enjoy the occasional DDD and French Food at Home, as well. But DDD is too much like when I worked at a Drive-In Theatre as a short order cook, and I know what Guy doesn't show!:ohmy:

Old ones I miss are:
1) Emeril Live - nostalgic. Used to watch it with my Mother before she passed on.
2) East meets West with Ming Tsai. Learned a lot from this guy.
3) Grillin' and Chillin' with Bobby Flay. Again. lots of ideas. From his "folksy days."
4) The Fat Ladies. Hey, who didn't like this one?

Fortunately I taped a whack of these shows. I got interested in cooking seriously by watching these guys perform.:chef: I liked Molto Mario, as well.

Outside of these shows, the only other things I watch are the steroid monsters on WWE (because it's the worst thing on TV - hilarious!), and the occasional hockey game or NFL game. That's it.

By far, my favorite cooking show is Jacques Pepin: Fast Food My Way. What a master class act he is! His ease of style, and gracious lack of pretense puts all of the other "tap dancer" TV chefs in another category. He's the gold standard in my opinion, and it's such a pleasure to watch the Master Chef in his kitchen. :chef:

Non cooking shows I really enjoy are the CSI's, except Miami......I can't stand that what's-his-name who stars.
Love all the Law and Order shows, and Criminal Minds especially.
We really enjoy the Amazing Race, and can't wait till Feb. when it starts again.

Cooking shows..let me see here

Good Eats ( I have seasons 1-14 on shuffle during my day while cleaning, cooking, and whatever else)
Feasting on Asphalt/ Waves
Triple D
Guy's Big Bite
Iron Chef Japan
The next Iron Chef
and I'll get into unwrapped from time to time.
I do love to watch Julia Child do her thing from time to time but I can only handle that for so long.

Other then cooking shows...

Simpsons..we own all of it, it's all been ripped to a hard drive and we have it on in the bedroom while falling asleep.
Futurama
Grim Adventures Of Billy and Mandy
Scooby Doo Where Are You?
and a long list of things out of Japan

Most of the shows I really liked on FN are gone now.
Somewhere in the mountain of VHS tapes I recorded way back then, I have the sign on of the Food Network. I seem to recall it was called the Food Channel back in those days. I used to have one of them great big satellite dishes in the yard. I was mighty let down when FN went digital and I lost the analog signal.
I wonder if anyone remembers "Taste" with David Rosengarten?
I also used to enjoy the first incarnation of "How to Boil Water", I wonder if anyone else knows who the original host was? Emeril Lagasse
I also used to enjoy Justin Wilson.
These days I don't find some of the shows appealing, with the exception of Alton Brown, or Bobby Flay and a few others.
I reckon I am just being nostalgic here.......
BTW.. if you right click this post and choose "Select All" from the window that opens, the original host of "How to Boil Water" will be revealed.

Justin Wilson taught me how to cook and explore cooking. That was back when he was on The Learning Channel. If not for him, I'd still be box and can cooking.

Back
Top Bottom