Best show on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
usually i have foodtv on if only for back ground noise. however i am so sick of all the repeats, that i never put that channel on all weekend. i am big time sick of cupcake wars repeats. they weren't that good to start with. it is a stupid show, i think, sure haven't learned anything from it. maybe i should have put this in venting. lol

usually i have foodtv on if only for back ground noise. however i am so sick of all the repeats, that i never put that channel on all weekend. i am big time sick of cupcake wars repeats. they weren't that good to start with. it is a stupid show, i think, sure haven't learned anything from it. maybe i should have put this in venting. lol

As long as it made you feel better. I have come to hate weekend TV. And repeats whenever there is even a whiff of a holiday means repeats all week!

Occasionally, I luck into a marathon of Universe, Wild Pacific, or Life, etc. Then I have my pretty pictures as my background all day.

Last edited:
Most of the shows I really liked on FN are gone now.
Somewhere in the mountain of VHS tapes I recorded way back then, I have the sign on of the Food Network. I seem to recall it was called the Food Channel back in those days. I used to have one of them great big satellite dishes in the yard. I was mighty let down when FN went digital and I lost the analog signal.
I wonder if anyone remembers "Taste" with David Rosengarten?
I also used to enjoy the first incarnation of "How to Boil Water", I wonder if anyone else knows who the original host was? Emeril Lagasse
I also used to enjoy Justin Wilson.
These days I don't find some of the shows appealing, with the exception of Alton Brown, or Bobby Flay and a few others.
I reckon I am just being nostalgic here.......
BTW.. if you right click this post and choose "Select All" from the window that opens, the original host of "How to Boil Water" will be revealed.

Sean Dennellon and his adviser was Cathy Lowe.

Remember Ready,Set Cook with Sissy Biggers? I'll never forget when she taste some adobe from a can of chipoltes. I think it was Michael Simon that gave her the taste.

Anybody remember "The Galloping Gourmet" with Graham Kerr, back in his bad ole days?

Craig

Last edited:
Top chef has been pretty good. Other than that I like watching Nova and other boring stuff.

I have been watching the old reruns of All in the family on a new station in Denver.That's a pretty funny show.Archie was such a moron you just had to love him.As far as cooking shows my favorite is Americas test kitchen.

I bet there are at least 20 channels we never watch on our cable service.

We watch lots of Documentaries and Movies. Maybe 5 shows on commercial TV.

Pawn Stars is a favorite of mine. It's amazing to see what people bring into the store. Some items really belong in museums.

I am a die hard Survivor fan. I also like American Idol. Food shows would have to be mainly the contest type like America's Next Great Restaurant, Next Food Network Star, Worst Cook in America and I really like that one that was on a while ago where the chef came to this country and opened a cooking academy .. don't recall the name but I liked it.

Survivor
Amazing Race
Top Boss
Chopped
Big Bang Theory
Hell's Kitchen
Two and a Half Men
Judge Joe Brown
Peoples Court
Judge Judy
Cops
CSI
Iron Chef
Guy Fieri
Ann Burell

Last edited:
my favorite shows on tv right now are so you think you can dance and the good wife. i don't have cable so i'm not familiar with many of the chefs and cooking shows referenced here. jacques pepin and julia childs cooking together are a joy to watch, and gordon ramsay anytime anywhere....

I really like Alphas on SyFy (it's so silly - there's no y in science or fiction.)

Also, Rizzoli and Isles, Covert Affairs, Body of Proof, plus CSI's, Law & Order, and most any nature/animal show.

I really like Alphas on SyFy (it's so silly - there's no y in science or fiction.)

Also, Rizzoli and Isles, Covert Affairs, Body of Proof, plus CSI's, Law & Order, and most any nature/animal show.

I refuse to call it "SyFy"...it's ridiculous. Of course, I pitched a fit when they went to "SciFi."

Rizzoli and Isles, Falling Skies, Leverage, CSI, Law & Order, Sanctuary, Franklin and Bash, Suits, and, and, and, and...

My all-time favorite show is probably Top Gear (the original British version, not the lame American knock-off).

I also like the new Hawaii Five-O, and so far, Terra Nova looks pretty good. The networks invariably cancel shows that I like, so I'm careful not to get too attached to anything these days.

As far as food shows go, I love America's Test Kitchen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom