Beware of recipes on the Internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But what if you're NOT experienced in the kitchen...

A novice cook may not detect a crappy recipe and make a lousy meal. It could damage their self-confidence and desire to try again.
I agree. I just forgot the second part of the two-part comment. :blush: Yes, if you don't cook alot, you're screwed. But I have see professional recipes, printed in cookbooks or food magazines that are off-kilter too. There is less chance of getting a clunker from a pro source though.

About damaging their self-confidence? They probably didn't feel too secure with the concept of cooking to begin with. It took me a lot of falls before I realized ice skates and I were not compatible. I'm either more tenacious than some, or just plain clueless. Probably option b. :LOL:

But I have see professional recipes, printed in cookbooks or food magazines that are off-kilter too.

Exactly this. There are just as many duds in books as there are online. My success rate with online recipes is higher. But I still love reading cookbooks!

And since we are talking about the internet, I just read this article about Jacques Pepin.

He had a mild stroke last Sunday. He has one more showing starting on PBS in the fall. Then he will stop appearing on TV. It will be his last show. He will also have a new cookbook coming out at the same time. By the way, he is 79 years old. :angel:

Speaking of carrot cake, well not really, I was at this couple for dinner and at the end they served tea and carrot Preserve. I was too curies not to try, though it sounded repulsive, I hate cooked carrots, it was delicious, absolutely delicious.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Speaking of carrot cake, well not really, I was at this couple for dinner and at the end they served tea and carrot Preserve. I was too curies not to try, though it sounded repulsive, I hate cooked carrots, it was delicious, absolutely delicious.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Did ya get the recipe?

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom