Beware!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasabi

Executive Chef
I got this on my mac forum. Thought I'd pass it down to you.

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]There is an email phishing/spam scam that disguises itself in several ways. The email looks like one of those Blue Mountain e-card emails or like an Amazon.com gift card has been sent to you. DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS. If you are in ANY WAY suspicious, copy and paste the link into your browser instead of clicking. Clicking will take you to this ip address (or one like it) 68.206.12.59:8180/009. Notice the 8180/009. That is an open port, giving them access to your computer. I got TWO of these today, but because of the fact that I view all emails with full headers, I saw that the urls didn't match the "from" areas. So, after a quick search online, I found that IP is a phishing scam. BE CAREFUL![/font]

thanks for the warning wasabi, I too am very careful about e-mails. I do not open anything from an unknown person or that does not have a subject line.

I'm the same way .... if an email has an attachment and I don't know the person it get's deleted ... same for emails with "links". If I know the person ... it still get's a virus scan.

anything i open gets scanned automatically. if it's an address i don't know it gets deleted immediately. thanks for the heads up though wasabi :)

We have some smart cookies here. Better to be safe than sorry.

img_98396_0_4921a038a18afef83bc3ee2c23582964.gif

Oh no!!

Thanks Wasabi!! I think that was very nice to warn all of us. :) I have had big problems in the past. But, i watch very carefully now. Thanks again!! Your :cool:

my ISP has a very suspicious e-mail seeking ability. It wouldn't let notifications from here through without my ok, but better to be safe than sorry. The people behind the schemes are pretty savvy.

me too sush. now i keep getting emails that say "make your wasabi larger", and "how to please your wasabi", and "lower your mortgage at the wasabi bank of america".
it's 10 times worse than ever now...

:mad:No, Wasabi can't get any larger, thank you, but please read "How to please your Wasabi":blush:. Also, send your money to my Swiss bank account.:angel:

Mahalo,Wasabi

Back
Top Bottom