Big Bang Theory Night ~ 1/25/18 ~ What's On Your TV Tray?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Thursday nights I MUST have dinner made, eaten and cleaned up before The Big Band Theory and Young Sheldon come on Television!!!

I'm going to try out my Silicone Baking Mat for the first time!!
001.jpg
I'm making Panko-crusted Baked Chicken Thighs, steamed Sweet Potato (leftover from last night) and Brussel Sprouts My Way.

What's on your tv tray tonight?

Sorry K-Girl, both are reruns tonight.

Not sure what we're doing. We ate some sandwiches and such later in the afternoon so I've tabled my original plan. We'll probably just pick.

DW made buffalo burgers and fries, but I had to go pick up my boy's report card so there was nothing left. :mad:

I still can't believe that his school makes a parent actually pick up report cards. $17 k / year for this place, and I have to drive all the way to school to go get it.

At least he got straight As, and the only negative comment from any teacher was that he's kinda chatty, and gets distracted easily.

Hey look, a squirrel.

DW made buffalo burgers and fries, but I had to go pick up my boy's report card so there was nothing left. :mad:

I still can't believe that his school makes a parent actually pick up report cards. $17 k / year for this place, and I have to drive all the way to school to go get it.

At least he got straight As, and the only negative comment from any teacher was that he's kinda chatty, and gets distracted easily.

Hey look, a squirrel.

We took our report cards home, in my day. If I had a scanner, a printer and Photoshop back then, I'd have been a straight-A student, too. :LOL:

CD

Sorry K-Girl, both are reruns tonight.

Not sure what we're doing. We ate some sandwiches and such later in the afternoon so I've tabled my original plan. We'll probably just pick.

Aw pooh!

AND I don't know if Alex Trebek is back on Jeopardy! yet, dang it!
Well, dinner is ready to go and I guess I'll just go back to Netflix again.

Big Bang - must have been a pressure cooker meal in a vintage pressure cooker.

Salmon scallops with a herbed yogurt sauce, baked potatoes, nuked brussel sprouts.

I hope you also like your new baking mat Kgirl.

I'm making that bacon/shrimp/AH pasta dinner I made a while back.....it's a hit with both of us. We'll have Texas Toast with it.

I hope you also like your new baking mat Kgirl.

I'm making that bacon/shrimp/AH pasta dinner I made a while back.....it's a hit with both of us. We'll have Texas Toast with it.

Every slice of toast I make at home is Texas toast -- bread toasted in Texas. :smartass:

CD

Beef barley vegetable soup. Initially sans barley, so after a detailed barley box description, I had DH pick some up.

I made chicken tonkatsu with rice, shredded romaine and marinated cucumbers.

I had to Google tonkatsu. An Asian/European thing from when Europe controlled Asian countries, from what I've read. There is apparently a Japanese version, and a South Korean version. Doesn't seem to be much of a difference, other than how it is served.

Sounds really good.

CD

Last edited:
Beef barley vegetable soup. Initially sans barley, so after a detailed barley box description, I had DH pick some up.
It's a real gamble to send some husbands to the grocery store, isn't it Dawg? I need to be very detailed in my description and hope for the best.

We're still working the leftovers, but I made salads to eat beforehand. Himself got the standard garden salad, but I wanted something a bit different. Topped the spinach and romaine with avocado, oranges, blueberries, almond slices, and French feta cheese. Drizzled citrus dressing over it. Nice, bright salad for a cold, dark evening.

Attachments

• 20180125_211009.jpg
    20180125_211009.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 137
Burn's Night so we had a full Sunday dinner on a Thursday, pork loin, gravy, yorkies, tatties, vegs and jelly& ice cream for dessert.

After that some lovely whisky, couldnt remember a Burns poem at all and then we just gave up on the Burn*s Night and celebrated instead that one of our kids has gotten a secure , safe apartment .

Did a Pressure Pot roast with carrots, onions and celery.. Daughter used the juices to make an incredible gravy.. Steamed broccoli and cauliflower rounded out the meal..

It's a real gamble to send some husbands to the grocery store, isn't it Dawg? I need to be very detailed in my description and hope for the best.

That's what cell phones are for. Rather than get stuff wrong when she gives me my marching orders (aka shopping list), I just call her 72 times when I have a question.

You know, it's funny. We've been together so long that I can walk into Bloomingdales, or White House Black Market, or the like and pick out a top, or jacket, or costume jewelry necklace for her on my own that she'll love.

But I have to call her several times to make sure I'm buying the correct oatmeal, lol.

Back
Top Bottom