Birthday cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteRoses

Assistant Cook
I need a super easy recipe for a chocolate cake with chocolate whipped cream like frosting.
I am very busy at the moment, trying to find a second job, so it needs to be a quick process.
One of my friends is about to have a birthday and I wanted to make her a cute little cake. Probably a double layer round, as my ex roommate stole most of my cake pans (along with a lot of other things) when she moved out, this is mostly all i have left expect a 8x11 glass pan and a 8x8 glass pan. I guess cupcakes could work, i have a lot of those silicone cupcakes.
I was thinking maybe a chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache filling. But I dont have time to test a recipe before her fast approaching birthday.

I have lots of great from-scratch chocolate cake recipes, one in particular that's very quick and easy, but they all call for two 9-inch layer rounds. You can substitute two 8x8 inch squares for the rounds, but you only have one, so you would need to divide the batter in half, and do one layer at a time, which may compromise the rise on the second layer. Otherwise, do half the recipe altogether as one layer.

Another idea is to do a flourless or almost flourless chocolate cake/torte. They're usually one-layer cakes, and you can use the 8x8 inch in place of a 9 inch round. I have several good recipes for those also.

If you need cupcake recipes, there's a recent thread here on chocolate cupcakes. You can also do lava cakes/molten chocolate cakes.

Let me know if you want links to a few of the flourless or the regular cake recipes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom