Bison Ribeye Steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
I bought two Bison ribeye steaks...what's the best way for me to cook them, for flavor and tenderness? They are for a special meal and I don't want to mess them up!

I'd grill them like any other steak, medium rare with a nice char on the outside. For me, grilling a steak and seasoning it with nothing more than salt and pepper is the absolutely best way to enjoy a flavorful piece of meat!

An indoor alternative is the 3-3-3-3 method using a cast iron skillet:

3 minutes on the first side in a sizzling hot CI skillet. (Turn on the vent hood fan if you have one.)
3 minutes on the second side.
3 minutes in a 350 F. oven.
3 minutes resting on a rack or plate before serving.

Last edited:
I'm with Selkie, grilled is the way to go. Keep it simple and enjoy the real flavor of the meat.

Not having access to a grill, I do them stovetop in a screaming hot pan.

The BIG thing about bison as opposed to beef, is that if you cook them beyond medium, they become very dry and tough. Rare to medium-rare is necessary.

We really love bison ribeye, and think you will, as well.

Bon Appetit!

Pack 'em up on dry ice and ship them up here! MMMMMMMMM!

Do them just like any other steak, they cook the same way. Don't fuss much with flavoring them, they are very flavorful and don't need much enhancement at all.

Not having access to a grill, I do them stovetop in a screaming hot pan.

The BIG thing about bison as opposed to beef, is that if you cook them beyond medium, they become very dry and tough. Rare to medium-rare is necessary.

We really love bison ribeye, and think you will, as well.

Bon Appetit!

Thanks, June! I like rare anyway. Any oil in the pan?:pig:

Pack 'em up on dry ice and ship them up here! MMMMMMMMM!

Do them just like any other steak, they cook the same way. Don't fuss much with flavoring them, they are very flavorful and don't need much enhancement at all.

Dry ice, heck, I can just set them out on the step tonight.:) I know they are much leaner, so I was just wondering if there was anything special I should do.
:LOL: Besides eat them!

At about 7 am, I'm going to fire up the Weber, and feed it briquets until 11 am. Meanwhile I will soak the mesquite chips and add them to the Weber, build up some good smoke and toss the rib eyes on. Then close the sucker up for a little bit, then flip them to sear the other side...adding the asparagus in foil at the same time. Remove the steaks to warm oven, that has already produced some sourdough rolls and roasted yukon golds in mushrooms, garlic and onions. Lemon sauce for the asparagus. Serve and eat! my delayed Birthday Dinner!

Back
Top Bottom