Bitchin' Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never even heard of the show, and I'm always flipping by the Cooking Channel, sometimes stopping. I sure would be put of with basic dishes and orange hair though. Guy Fieri's shows are some of my favorites, and he's a bit out there. I'll have to check it out before I can say.

She(Nadia) just reminds me too much of a pretty version of Andrew Dice Clay from back in the mid/late 80's, just watered down in a much nicer way. If that makes any sense at all.

She(Nadia) just reminds me too much of a pretty version of Andrew Dice Clay from back in the mid/late 80's, just watered down in a much nicer way. If that makes any sense at all.

Andrew Dice Clay was horrible! Definitely MUCH more watered down in a much nicer way. :) Truthfully, I'd rather watch Nadia G. than Paula Deen, and I am a southern girl! You know? I don't care about Paula's unmarried sons. ;)

~Kathleen

Last edited:
I've never even heard of the show, and I'm always flipping by the Cooking Channel, sometimes stopping. I sure would be put of with basic dishes and orange hair though. Guy Fieri's shows are some of my favorites, and he's a bit out there. I'll have to check it out before I can say.

The dishes are presented in such a way that a beginner could make them, but are not really what I would classify as "basic." I think Nadia G's recipes would appeal greatly to my nieces who are young adults, but know their way around a kitchen and have a passion for cooking.

I think her humor, not her recipes, put many off. But her humor and character is part of her shtick. Without it, I doubt we would have seen her, and she does have some decent-sounding cooking ideas. Additionally, she is pulling in a different group of young people who may develop interests in cooking - which is a plus to me! :)

~Kathleen

Last edited:
Andrew Dice Clay was horrible! Definitely MUCH more watered down in a much nicer way. :) Truthfully, I'd rather watch Nadia G. than Paula Deen, and I am a southern girl! You know? I don't care about Paula's unmarried sons. ;)

~Kathleen
Paula shook me ALOT too early on...&, yes, I have been to the southern most places on the planet too - I have "waded" my way through MANY different accents(heck, I even have one myself)...I watch her sometimes, but, I am CONVINCED that she has a clothes pin lodged up SOMEWHERE inside of her nose!

Last edited:
Paula shook me ALOT too early on...&, yes, I have been to the southern most places on the planet too - I have "waded" my way through MANY different accents(heck, I even have one myself)...I watch her sometimes, but, I am CONVINCED that she has a clothes pin lodged up SOMEWHERE inside of her nose!

Paula's accent is not why I do not like Paula. (Too many in my family sound just like her!) I honestly am unsure why I do not like her show. Perhaps it is because of the random chatter designed to seem like we are her neighbors. (Of course, that is why so many adore Paula.) I'd probably be fine with it if she did not go on tangents while she cooks to discuss her kids, hubby, trip to the bakery, etc. Does "too off-task" count as an excuse? :)

Paula's accent is not why I do not like Paula. (Too many in my family sound just like her!) I honestly am unsure why I do not like her show. Perhaps it is because of the random chatter designed to seem like we are her neighbors. (Of course, that is why so many adore Paula.) I'd probably be fine with it if she did not go on tangents while she cooks to discuss her kids, hubby, trip to the bakery, etc. Does "too off-task" count as an excuse? :)

I can't handle Paula Deen, I think she sounds fake...her as a person, not the accent. I just find her insincere.

Kathleen, I sure hope that you don't think that I am knocking southerns...I AM one!! I once moved to N.D. for 8 mo's, &, the people there treated me as though I had fallen from another planet..I felt like a 25 cent gumball machine transplant. They were always snickering at how I talked. Paula to me just has a REALLY REALLY thick accent. Sometimes, I don't even know what shes saying.

Last edited:
I can't handle Paula Deen, I think she sounds fake...her as a person, not the accent. I just find her insincere.

I think that may ring true with me too regarding Paula.

Since the thread is about Nadia G and Bitchin' Kitchen, I think Nadia was being truthful when she said, "If asked whether I would rather make out with Clooney or scarf a mushroom risotto........I'd make out with Clooney", comedienne or not...I think Nadia answered truthfully. :ROFLMAO:

~Kathleen

I think that may ring true with me too regarding Paula.

Since the thread is about Nadia G and Bitchin' Kitchen, I think Nadia was being truthful when she said, "If asked whether I would rather make out with Clooney or scarf a mushroom risotto........I'd make out with Clooney", comedienne or not...I think Nadia answered truthfully. :ROFLMAO:

~Kathleen

Really? Pass up a mushroom risotto? Okay, now I know she's nuts.:ROFLMAO:

Kathleen, I sure hope that you don't think that I am knocking southerns...I AM one!! I once moved to N.D. for 8 mo's, &, the people there treated me as though I had fallen from another planet..I felt like a 25 cent gumball machine transplant. They were always snickering at how I talked. Paula to me just has a REALLY REALLY thick accent. Sometimes, I don't even know what shes saying.

Nope! Did not think that you were knocking southerners at all! Frank has a niece that we can barely understand. Thick accent and a tendency to chatter a gazillion miles a minute. :) She's so cute!

Really? Pass up a mushroom risotto? Okay, now I know she's nuts.:ROFLMAO:

I know! :ROFLMAO:

Haha, sounds terrible.. The kind of show you laugh AT, not WITH. :)

LOL That's funny. I was a transplant in the middle of Alabama for several months so I know exactly what you're talking about. Talk about serious culture shock. I'd answer the phone and people would say "Do you feel ok?" and I'd have to explain that I was Yankee, not sick.

Bitchin' Kitchen is all gimmick and no substance. I can not even watch the commercials without feeling a need to change the channel. It's what everything cooking show should not be, imo.

I watched it for the first time last night, for about 15 minutes. I thought she was terribly affected, that can't be real! And the subject matter was "cooking for a hangover" it really was NOT my idea of family friendly viewing.

I watched it for the first time last night, for about 15 minutes. I thought she was terribly affected, that can't be real! And the subject matter was "cooking for a hangover" it really was NOT my idea of family friendly viewing.

I've seen her on talk shows. Her character is a total gimmick and the show is supposed to be silly/funny. It's spoofing cooking shows with one exception: The recipes are tasty.

To me, it is on par with Married With Children in the comedy realm, but her recipes can stand up to anyone's. I don't think it was intended to be family-friendly viewing. :) My favorite episode: The Menu to make for a break up. Plating the salad in a take-out box was priceless. ;)

Last edited:
I just can not get into that show at all. Not my idea of funny and while some of the dishes look good, all of the "humour" just makes them unpalatable. I did see an episode where I think she was "herself" for the first 10 minutes and then turned into her character. If she did a show straight, I think she would have a hit on her hands.

You know what Laurie, I agree. It was her affected personality that irritated me into changing the channel. The cook part of me was kind of intrigued by the salsa she made and the medallions that went with them. I just couldn't take the schtick. She could keep the theme (cooking for hangover or whatever) but that fake stuff made me want to smack someone.

Oh, and Kathleen, IMO anything that airs before 9pm should be family friendly by default. I don't have an issue with the subject matter, but the timing needs to be adjusted.

Last edited:
You know what Laurie, I agree. It was her affected personality that irritated me into changing the channel. The cook part of me was kind of intrigued by the salsa she made and the medallions that went with them. I just couldn't take the schtick. She could keep the theme (cooking for hangover or whatever) but that fake stuff made me want to smack someone.

Oh, and Kathleen, IMO anything that airs before 9pm should be family friendly by default. I don't have an issue with the subject matter, but the timing needs to be adjusted.

In an idea world, the parents would regulate, but we all know how well that works. I agree with you, Alix. The timing can be adjusted. I definitely would not stop with this show though. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom