Blender versus Blender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Walmart has Ninja Professional 1000-Watt Blender, BL710WM for $69, only. But Amazon has Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) Blender/Food Processor with 1500W, for $99 only, which includes a bunch of attachments. The thing I like better is more power. I probably don't even need attachment.
Our old Blender broke. And we like to make smoothies and milk shakes. We had something very simple, we go some 20 years ago.
Besides your opinion on these two blenders I would like to hear if you have a different suggestion. The only requirements are powerful enough for smoothies and no more than 100 bucks.
all opinions are appreciated.

Ninjas perform ok but they are cheaply made in China (you won’t get twenty years out of one of them).

If I had to buy a blender for a hundred bucks or so I’d probably go for a Kitchenaid model.

And if you’re not in a hurry, and willing to spend more, Vitamix often have Christmas specials on refurbished models for as low as $200. These WILL last for many years, and do a much better job on everything.

I had a Ninja and donated it to the thrift store. I hated the multi blade thing in the middle. I was totally afraid to handle it to wash it. I use a mandolin without fear, but that blade was wicked.

In spite of that stacked blade, I don't think it did a very good job, I agree that the KitchenAid is a better choice.

Or of course, a VitaMix, Breville or Blendtec, but they will cost more.

I have a Blendtec. Purchased out of necessity when DH needed to drink his meals. I love the "wildside jar". It is square and that shape seems to help it work better than my old KitchenAid's round jar. But, my very favorite "cycle" on it is the washing cycle. A squirt of dish soap and an inch or two of water, push button & it cleans itself! Love that! Of course, they are pricey.

Back
Top Bottom