Blue Moon Belgian White

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik

Sous Chef
Anybody like this stuff??? I'm not much of a beer drinker...but this is some good stuff!!!

Don't forget to throw a nice orange wedge in your glass!!!

MMMM!!!!!!

Erik said:
Anybody like this stuff??? I'm not much of a beer drinker...but this is some good stuff!!!

Don't forget to throw a nice orange wedge in your glass!!!

MMMM!!!!!!

Yep, I like it, and my wife is very fond of it. Thanks to it being made, or at least distributed through the Coors network, you can find it at more places (at least around here) than you would expect.

A few others that you should like if you like Blue Moon are:

Hoegaarden - the grandaddy of the witbeer style
Celis White - American made, by the guy who resurrected the style for Hoegaarden.

And BTW - The orange will likely get you looked at rather strangely in Belgium. :D

The beer actually has orange peel in the boil (Most use curaco peel), some coriander, and some people swear that hoegaaarden uses a bit of chamomille, but the brewery won't say. ;)

John

i actually had a flavored belgian triple bock over vanilla ice cream once. it was weird but good.

MMmmMm Blue Moon, just baught some tonight. Awaiting arrival into the fridge, got to love this stuff with a slice of orange!

ronjohn55 said:
......Hoegaarden.....

or the Redneck dictionary version: "I got a hoegaarden of weeds now, pappy"
sorry. I need some pineapple mead....oh wait! I think I have a bit left:cool:

Erik,
The orange wedge on the beer is not a Belgian thing at all, probably a local novelty. Belgium has over 400 types of beers, some flavored with fruit, some with up to 12% alcohol.
I've seen some advertisement in GQ from Stella Artois, Hoegaarden and Leffe.
Looks like they are being sold in USA now, I personally like Jupiler.
If you are into Belgian food, try your Flaamse fritte (French fries) next time with mayo. Here is a link with a list of Belgian beers: Liste des bières belges

LOVE IT! I just bought a 12-pack on Tuesday..... but I'm out today, and I don't know where it all went... :cool: too yummy!

shannon in KS said:
LOVE IT! I just bought a 12-pack on Tuesday..... but I'm out today, and I don't know where it all went... :cool: too yummy!

Shannon!!!!!!!!!! Have you called the police? :ohmy: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom