Books and Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
choclatechef said:
Or just on cookbooks, since this is a cooking forum.

I second that! Cookbooks are a big LOVE of mine. I always tell my friends, "If you can't find me, check Borders or B&N."

A cookbook forum would be AWESOME! We can give heads up on good finds! I just bought a stir fry cookbook and I have two on order from www.thegoodcook.com .

A cookbook forum! I dig it!

RJ

Ardge said:
choclatechef said:

I second that! Cookbooks are a big LOVE of mine. I always tell my friends, "If you can't find me, check Borders or B&N."

A cookbook forum would be AWESOME! We can give heads up on good finds! I just bought a stir fry cookbook and I have two on order from www.thegoodcook.com .

A cookbook forum! I dig it!

RJ

Yeah, what he said. I agree with... oh wait... that's me too.

Anyway, how bout it? How bout a cookbook section? Please?? Pretty please????

RJ

Cookbooks

choclatechef said:

I love the idea of a forum just on cookbooks. I enjoy collecting them and talking about them, (sometimes think I am obsessed with the idea of having more).

I usually find mine at thrift stores, garage sales and occasionally in bargain bins at book stores. I also visit my local library on a regular basis and check out a few cookbooks at a time.

My favourites are the "oldies", pre-70's, church cookbooks, Better Homes and Gardens, Canadian Living and specialty cookbooks, (pasta, ground beef etc.), just to name a few.

The cookbooks that grab my attention most, have more than just recipes but stories about the author and recipes as well. I am presently reading Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain and am 1/2 way through it. It's not necessarily a cookbook but about the cooking industry. I think my next venture will be Martha Stewart-Just Desserts.

Hmmm, I don't think I have a hard time talking about cookbooks...lol! Do you?

I'm jumping up and down with my hands in the air.........me too!!!! I adore cookboods, we have them on display in our living room. I like big encyclopedic ones, funny ones (I have a cookbook based on Sherlock Holmes mysteries), ones based on tv series like Nigella Lawson and Jamie Oliver, old ones from the 1950's, I'm an addict.

We have made many suggestions like this to the admin, but he is very hesitant to add a lot of new sections. His response to something like this is usually that these type of posts should go in the General Cooking category.

GB said:
We have made many suggestions like this to the admin, but he is very hesitant to add a lot of new sections. His response to something like this is usually that these type of posts should go in the General Cooking category.

Not a lot.... Just one.

Kinda makes me laugh. There's 23 specific sections covering everything under the sun us foodies can talk about -- except cookbooks.

I LOVE cookbooks. I bought 4 the other day and I have 5 on order from Amazon.

Oh well. :?

RJ

Ardge said:
GB said:

Not a lot.... Just one.

Kinda makes me laugh. There's 23 specific sections covering everything under the sun us foodies can talk about -- except cookbooks.
You have one and other people have theirs as well. We have suggested all of them to the admin.

There IS a section you can talk about cookbooks. Actually there are two. The misc section could be used and so could the General Cooking Questions section.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom