Boxing Day Dinner 12-26-2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Even though I "boxed" up a lot of food and sent it on with the kids last night, we still have quite a few leftovers. We'll graze through those because The Cook is off duty. Plus I'm not all that interested in food today.

What are you eat? Or are you still full from Christmas dinner?

We had leftover pot roast with potatoes and carrots tonight. Christmas Eve dinner all over again!
I wasn't all that interested in cooking today--I've been on a "kitchen binge" for over a week, and it finally caught up with me. We'll be eating leftovers and pulling things out of the freezer for a couple of days. Husband (bless him!) agrees.

No pictures, because brown food doesn't photograph well (plus I must have shown you this combo 10 times already) ... Grilled B/S Chicken Thighs with a lovely rub/seasoning blend on them, Baked Beans (from a can, Bush's Honey Chipotle, MMM!), and frozen Corn Kernels ... have enough to make a Bento Box for Mom. I need to go into town again tomorrow, so I may do a "Door Dash" and simply leave her supper on her doorstep.

I got to cook today.
Pan-fried skirt steak, string bean salad, garlic crash potatoes, and mushrooms sautéed in the pan drippings.
I ate less than half of this. The leftovers will be brunch tomorrow.

skirt_steak_bean_salad_122622_IMG_0456.jpg

I defrosted some "jerk pork" that I bought. It was cooked sous-vide. It's delicious and very tender, but we had it before and knew that it would need something added to give it some heat. In my opinion, it isn't proper jerk without any heat. We used one of the Pepperfire sauces that we keep on hand. That really kicked it up. I served it with wholewheat English muffins and a salad. I wasn't sure how I wanted to eat that, so the photo is a bit odd. I eventually spread the pork and sauce all over my English muffin. Thoroughly enjoyable. Danish butter cookies for dessert.

Attachments

• Jerk pork on English muffins and a salad.jpg
    Jerk pork on English muffins and a salad.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 5
msmofet, glad you were able to finally cook! and it looks delish as I'm sure the leftovers from it be as well.

I just stood in front of the fridge and ate whatever jumped into my hand.
Earlier in the day DIL set the table with crackers, cheeses, etc. which was also 'munched' on while my granddaughter beat the pants off of me with all the games hauled out.... until we hit boggle... heehee - she should not have tried that one out on me. I wasn't the champion at the cottage but darn - I was close!

Back
Top Bottom