Brain-Freeze chocolate Shake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
This recipe works because hot cocoa mix is formulated to taste great with hot water. Using milk instead makes it richer. It works well with yhe ice cubes.

Caution, drinking this straight up will cause brain freeze. I eat it with a spoon.

Ingredients:
2 cups ice cubes
2 cups milk
4 pkgs. Hot cocoa mix

Place all ingredients into a piwerful blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into frosted mugs. Eat with a spoin.

This made the inside of my nose feel cold, even when eating with a spoon. It will cool you down. Enjoy.

Chief Longwind of the North

This is an interesting recipe with one problem. We stopped using ice cubes 40 yrs ago because they progressively dilute whatever they are in. When it cromes to taste and flavor, that's backwards. For whatever you are eating, the more you eat, the more satiation (dulling the taste experience) happens. I’d be interested in a no ice cube version-- cool it in the fridge or in the freezer-- but I don’t know how to factor the added liquid that comes from the ire cubes into the recipe. Can you help?

The reason this works is that the hot cocoa mix contains milk solids, and fats, which add texture and flavor. It is formulated to use with water. Ice cream is milk, with heavy cream, and flavorings, churned in a below freezing temperature. This creates tiny ice particles in the ice cream that together with a thickening agent such as egg, and the fat from the cream, give the end product it's texture
In the same way, gelato, sorbet., and sherbert are smooth and creamy due to the tiny ice particles. In my recipe, I simply usea jigh power blender ti pulverize the ice, which mixes with the cocoa mix. There is no added fats, or imulsifiers, simply a very cild, and refreshing shake that has lots if good, chocolate flavor.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom