Brands of Coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
What is your favorite brand of coffee? I have been drinking Folgers, Maxwell House, and now local brand called Thomas coffee. Each one seems different. I really don't care for first two only reason I drank it is my mother would always buy it. I t hink cause she had coupons. Just always saw it when she fixed it. Now I wish I would of asked why she used them?

I am hooked and adicted to Starbucks, specifically the Sumatra, Italian and Suglaese, love the African beans the best. Kenya is also a fave but it is so expensive I do not buy it often. My daughter does not work at Starbucks any longer but when she got me free coffee she could not get Kenya. Before I began drinking Starbucks it was Columbian only, got costco's brand Kirkland, tasted better than Yuban.

I like Millstone Coffee - it's not bitter, like so many are. Don Francisco is pretty yummy too :)

:!: Inthekitchen (since you're in So.Cal) - next time you go to a Chevron station, get the brewed coffee - it's super good. They used to serve millstone, but now they have another brand which is equally as good. Generally most stations have flavored creamers and Torani-type syrups there too, so you feel like you're in a coffee house, but the coffee is generally around a buck.

jkath: I was wondering were you where? I live in St Louis. I have seen Cheveron stations but I don't think around here. They carry Millstone coffee at our store will try it. Everyone raves about this Starbucks. Can you buy it to make at home? I always see on tv that they get it to go. I wish.

In the Kitchen said:
jkath: I was wondering were you where? I live in St Louis. I have seen Cheveron stations but I don't think around here. They carry Millstone coffee at our store will try it. Everyone raves about this Starbucks. Can you buy it to make at home? I always see on tv that they get it to go. I wish.

Yes, the beans (can be ground for you) are available at all outlets. If you do not have a Starbucks, they are sometimes located in Safeway, albertsons, and other grocery stores.

We use Yuban while at home
but, as you all know we live at Starbucks on Sunday mornings!!

okay, that's so weird - I had it in my head you were down this way in so. cal! (brain freeze...happens all the time)

As for Starbucks - yep, it's nice, but a lot of time it's more bitter than I prefer, and at almost $4 a cup, it's getting kind of expensive. Fortuanately, my favorite grocery store has a Starbucks in it, and every 7 cups you buy, your next one is free. Of course, that Starbucks in the same strip mall as another Starbucks, and there are 2 more within a mile. Do try Millstone, though - it's really a good choice, especially if you get a flavored one. (It's cuts the bitterness)

What kind of coffeemaker do you have? I have Braun and have it for almost 2 years. What kind of flavor do you prefer with Millstone? I have seen it as Sam's and lot of people buying it. norgeskog I am glad you gave me different choices. Have some idea what is good. Thanks.

Peet's! They have wonderful dark roasted beans, my favorite is Major Dickason Blend and French Roast. Luckily, my wonderful Father sends me care packages with my favorite Peet's beans!

We use Costco Decaf and whatever organic bean they have at the time. Grind them half & half.

And then I ruin it by adding my foo foo juice (Vanilla creamer!!) :bash:

A guy I work with has a coffee plantation in Costa Rica and he always brings me coffee from there. Other wise, I use Peerless Coffee, either Sunrise blend or Hawaiian blend.

I have a Krups Home Cafe pod coffeemaker. Actually, I have two; one at home and one at work. I also have a Perfect Pod coffee pod maker and a cabinet full of filter pods, so I can put any coffee I want into a pod for my machines. I also have a Krups Doumo coffeemaker/espressomaker at home for when I entertain, and a Krups 8 cup thermal carafe coffeemaker at work, also for when I entertain.

We do that about once or twice a month for a change of pace. Can't beat the price at Costco:)

I bet. It's $8 for a pound here, but, I don't live near anything other than Walmart and Brookshires. All the Costcos and Sams are about 40 miles away from me.

We use Gevalia or Starbucks. We have Starbucks at all the local grocery stores, plus Target and Walmart. We get Starbuck's House Blend at work. Every Saturday and Sunday we used to get Venti Mochas (hot white chocolate for him, ice caramel mocha for me) but we decided that $19-20 on coffee was crazy. We then bought an espresso machine!

Back
Top Bottom