Bread Machine Mangling soft/fluffy bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmt074

Assistant Cook
I have been trying a few soft/fluffy white bread recipes for my bread maching and it seems to always turn them into a lumpy mess - it never gets the ingredients to a dough state so it never forms a loaf and barely rises at all. I dump out a lumpy inedible mess out of the bread pan at the end of the cycle.

Maybe someone here can tell me what I am doing wrong. For the most part I have been following the instructions very closely.

For instance here is one recipe:

Softest Ever Bread Machine Bread - 107868 - Recipezaar

The only substitution I made was using quick rising yeast for the bread machine yeast...

Previously I tried this one...

White Bread II - All Recipes

This one I subbed olive oil for veg oil and again quick rising yeast for active dry yeast...

Could the yeast be the issue?

I think the bread machine is ok since I was able to make 3 successful loaves previously. It seems to be the 'fluffly' recipes that it struggles with.

It might be your bread machine, but I would try kneading the bread then letting it rise in a warm room first and let it double in size, then put it in a baking tray. I never really trusted bread machines.

I figured it out. The solution is actually simple - I just needed to add more water to the recipe until the dough formed properly. I was just setting it and walking away before. I guess my bread machine needed more water than some of the recipes I tried specified.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom