Bread machines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you bake by hand or use a bread machine

I prefer a bread machine. For me, it's fool proof. I say this because the last time I made bread by hand it turned out to be a brick that could have stood the test of time as the cornerstone for any building. :ohmy:

I bake breads and rolls by hand. I gave my bread machine to my daughter years ago, and I haven't regretted it for a moment.

I have two bread machines and only use them to do the kneading and first rise of any of my dough products. I have severe arthritis in my hands and kneading just kills me. I have never used my machines to make bread all the way through the bread-making cycle.

I've spoken with some of the resident bakers at the King Arthur Flour company and they tell me that the machines do a better, more consistent job of kneading than human hands. I truly believe that. Even when my hands were healthy, my bread products were very good, now they're better.

... I have severe arthritis in my hands and kneading just kills me... I truly believe that. Even when my hands were healthy, my bread products were very good, now they're better.

I agree. That's why I like my KitchenAid mixer with dough hook. As many here know, I also have severe arthritis which is why I look for mechanical or alternative ways of doing certain things without sacrificing quality.

If you're going to bother baking bread it's almost crazy to bother with a breadmaker. And who among us actually wants any more freaking appliances that only do one thing?

Here's the deal, buy yourself one decent loaf pan and just work on your recipe until you've perfected it. Take one very basic bread recipe, and modify the ingredients until it's absolutely perfect for you.

And make sure to brag about it whenever you pack a sandwich for lunch at work, too.

I use a bread machine or I buy my bread at a local bakery. I love the way the bread finishes in the machine and have no complaints about it what-so-ever.

I have a large pantry. The bread machine only takes up one square foot of shelf space. I have lots of appliances that only do one thing. Like my electric can opener. I tried using it as a diamond cutter, but it failed miserably! :ROFLMAO:

When my Mom bought us a bread machine for Christmas one year, I thought what a waste of counter space, especially since there was so little of it.

It got used almost every other day for years, and easily earned that counter space.

Even though I live alone, I would like to get a bread machine for myself, I just don't know which kind to get.

I have a bread machine and use it once in a while. We really aren't supposed to eat much bread so I use it only for special times.

My mom gave me hers about 5 years ago and I still have not used it. I think she used it maybe twice.

I love to make bread. I have a bread maker that I bought at a yard sale for 5 dollars. I am glad I didn't pay more than that. I have used it once and the rest of the time it sits in my kitchen. It made a very dense loaf that I wasn't particularly fond of. I guess I am just used to my bread. I just wish I made it more often, but it is so time consuming.

I have never had a bread machine. I just like it the old fashioned way too much, and I don't think I could get used to the funny shaped loaves. I do have my Kitchenaid mixer to do the kneading though. It does a fantastic job for me.

When my Mom bought us a bread machine for Christmas one year, I thought what a waste of counter space, especially since there was so little of it.

It got used almost every other day for years, and easily earned that counter space.

Even though I live alone, I would like to get a bread machine for myself, I just don't know which kind to get.

My mom gave me hers about 5 years ago and I still have not used it. I think she used it maybe twice.

Seems to me you two should get together and arrange a trade or something.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom