Breakfast Cookies or Muffins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find that I am either too lazy or in too much of a rush to eat breakfast in the morning. I usually buy something on the way. However, I want to try to eat a bit healthier. I was wondering if breakfast oatmeal cookies are actaully healthy to eat everyday or maybe some sort of breakfast muffin? I would like to find something I can make on Sunday night and last me through the week.

What do you think?

By the way nice forum redesign.
Try to eat only fruits in the morning, it is easy and useful!;)

I would try to incorporate more protein into your breakfast. How about yogurt with granola?

I have a recipe for homemade "morning" cookies that have lots of healthy ingredients in them and I used to give them to the kids sometimes with their breakfasts as a change from muffins or toast. I'll look up the recipe and post it for you if you like..

even whole wheat muffins have a lot of calories and not a lot of essential nutrients. you should go to the grocery store and buy some pre-made yogurt smoothies by yoplait or carnation instant breakfast powdered packets that you mix with milk. both of these are easy for on the go people and are filled with nutrients that your body needs.

if you want something a little more substantial make some breakfast burritos, they are are easy to prepare and easy to grab on the go, all you have to do is warm for one minute in the morning. here is an easy recipe....

1 bag hash browns
12 eggs (i usually do one egg beater carton, equivalent to 8 eggs and then add four regular eggs)
1 lb maple falvored jimmy dean sausage (they also have fat free)
1 16oz can stokes green chili (they have many different flavors, chose whichever you like)
4 cups cheese
24 tortillas

cook each ingredient seperately and then combine in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. then put one large spoonful of the mix into each tortilla, roll and than roll in a sheet of foil. this recipe is easy and makes about 24 burritos. my suggestion for warming is to roll in a paper towel so it steams and does not dry out.

hope you enjoy :)

I have been eating Kashi TLC granola bars, and would love to find a recipe for something like that. They are sweet, but not too sweet, and have oatmeal, flax and whole almonds in them.

I like them because I do not like to eat as soon as I get up--I would rather eat around 9. No microwave or fridge at work, so something like a cookie/muffin/bar would be ideal.

not really

it depends on your cookies content. if its sugar free then it is healthy. if not it is only an adding the possibility of you having cavities. try bread instead the one with less sugar of course. sugar makes you fat. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Too much food and not enough exercise makes you fat. Not brushing your teeth gives you cavities. All things in moderation. And bread is a carbohydrate which is sugar (or turns into sugar in your body) anyways... and what's with the bamboo shoots post?
a bit of whole grains, nuts, some dried fruit (like in a b'fast muffin or granola bar) and a cheese stick for protien (in addition to the nuts) is a reasonable b'fast.

I just read how you can tell the difference between a cupcake and a muffin. If you throw a cupcake against a wall it makes a delicate little "poof" sound as it hits. If you throw a muffin against a wall it makes a hearty "thud". Heeheehee. Now THAT would be a breakfast, something that goes "thud"!

I find that I am either too lazy or in too much of a rush to eat breakfast in the morning. I usually buy something on the way. However, I want to try to eat a bit healthier. I was wondering if breakfast oatmeal cookies are actaully healthy to eat everyday or maybe some sort of breakfast muffin? I would like to find something I can make on Sunday night and last me through the week.

What do you think?

By the way nice forum redesign.

Cookies are not really healthy. Moreover, it does not add anything to your diet if you are planning to have it daily. Y don't you for Kellogs or corn flakes. You can have them with milk and that will be really a healthy breakfast to start your morning with.

Depends on what is in the cookie (which would be the point of this thread). Many are healthier than packaged breakfast cereals. Saying that cookies are not really healthy is a broad statement that doesn't take into account ingredients one could put into a b'fast cookie: oats, flax, whole grain flour, peanut butter, etc.

Back
Top Bottom